priority id scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
on a 996xt, i need to set one group id as priority, i have check pri on the group id editor using the arc xt pro system now do i just turn the pri on and let it go or what

Ablice

Your post is unclear.

If you designate a group or frequency as Priority, then when you enable Priority mode, the scanner will "pause" every two seconds to quickly check for activity in the designated frequencies. It will stop on any it detects, then continue scanning.

Priority Plus mode will only scan your priority frequencies, none other.

While your scanner may be different, I prefer to use a separate designated system with all my "priority" frequencies. That way my scanner doesn't keep chopping up the audio on a freq I am listening to to check priority freqs. It's also faster to simply disable all other systems using quick keys and only turn on quick key 1.

sjlamb

I prefer to use a separate designated system with all my "priority" frequencies. That way my scanner doesn't keep chopping up the audio on a freq I am listening to to check priority freqs.

I like this suggestion. Great idea for putting DMA memory to good use. :)

Time to edit my programming scheme..... again.

Last edited:

swstow

Premium Subscriber
ok im tring to make one id ( lets say a fire dispatch ) in a 800 trunk p25 system the PRI, using the xt pro ( ARC programming system ) i click the check box on that id for PRI is that all i need to do or is their more, and the second half of the question, if its scanning a different system will it still jump back to check the PRI on a different system

wlmr

If it's not a full P25 motorola system I think that will work (3600 baud control channel). The priority scan will NOT work with talkgroups on systems that use the 9600 baud P25 control channel. Maybe someday, but I keep being told not at this time.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The "pri" works on any trunking system TG....By hand go into the "SYSTEM" in question, go to the menu that says "priority" in that system, press "E"nter, scroll to "ON" press "E"...Then go to the SYSTEM in question TG, press "E" and scroll to the TG menu and turn on the "P"...You can sit on one TG and when the one with the "P" gets active it will go rite to it and override the rest...Works like a charm....

Status
Not open for further replies.