Pro-106 Issue with saving the v-scanner folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector1012

I'm trying to save new info in my v-scanner folders. I'm basically trying to remove the information that's already there and reprogram my own information.

So here's the issue. When I upload the information from the psr-500 software by removing the old information and replacing with my own it all goes OK temporarily but when I go to power off the device or change the v-scanner folders I lose the new information I just replaced.

How do I save this so that it stays permanently?

Last edited:

soc200

i've been using win500. when i upload to the scanner...it replaces the old info with the new...and reboots. all the old info is gone and the new is good to go. i'm not sure what's different about your software.

have you tried resetting back to factory defaults?

vector1012

I'm not sure either.

I've been going back and forth with this issue for about a week. And this was the reason for buying the cord and hooking up directly thinking it might help.

I've tried deleting manually through the scanner and it does erase it and I've renamed the folder and such but once I reboot the scanner or reload the deleted folder then the old information comes back.

Do you think my scanner is defective?

jrholm

After you load the information you want to make sure you "store" it before powering down or changing v-folders again. Push Func Pgm, go to the v-folder you want to retain the new data and push the quick key button below "Stor"

mikey60

I'm trying to save new info in my v-scanner folders. I'm basically trying to remove the information that's already there and reprogram my own information.

So here's the issue. When I upload the information from the psr-500 software by removing the old information and replacing with my own it all goes OK temporarily but when I go to power off the device or change the v-scanner folders I lose the new information I just replaced.

How do I save this so that it stays permanently?

The PRO-106 operates in complete configurations. When you load information from a V-Scanner folder, it will overwrite whatever is in working memory with what's in the selected V-Scanner folder. When saving to a V-Scanner folder, the scanner will store the complete configuration from working memory into the V-Scanner folder.

Mike

vector1012

Ok to clarify.

When I delete a v folder either by use of the scanner or from a pc it stays only temparaily. Once I reload the folder that I completely modifed I.e erased the entire contents out of and reboot the scanner all the old info is right back to how it was before I deleted. The only thing that seems to change is the name of the folder. It still scans for the deleted cities and the preprogrammed frequencies.

I have tried doing the hard boot by reinitializing the scanner. And I have done the erase and stor features. When I'm asked if I want to overwrite the data I always click yes. And same goes for when using the pc. I download from scanner, completely erase the data and reupload.

What avails?

vector1012

Ok to clarify.

When I delete a v folder either by use of the scanner or from a pc it stays only temparaily. Once I reload the folder that I completely modifed I.e erased the entire contents out of and reboot the scanner all the old info is right back to how it was before I deleted. The only thing that seems to change is the name of the folder. It still scans for the deleted cities and the preprogrammed frequencies.

I have tried doing the hard boot by reinitializing the scanner. And I have done the erase and stor features. When I'm asked if I want to overwrite the data I always click yes. And same goes for when using the pc. I download from scanner, completely erase the data and reupload.

What avails?

Status
Not open for further replies.