Pro-106 Programming Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
looking to buy a Pro-106 to compliment my Pro-197. is the programming cable i have for the 197 the same one used for the 106?

jassing

Premium Subscriber
When using the cable, do you use the "pig tail" adapter?
The paper work shows that the pigtail is used for base/mobile scanners, and directly for handheld...
The driver appears when I plug in the cable; but no software will read the scanner...
any idea what I'm doing wrong?
thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm going from memory here, but I believe you don't use the pigtail...best regards..Mike

jassing

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike! I guess I was just worried about shorting something out--- that was it!

slimboxer

pro 106

i have a pro 106 and never downloaded no programe on it that 2.0 are whatever ones they have,what will my scanner do more if i download it will i be able to sepeate locals from state pol air med. any help thanls

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
i have a pro 106 and never downloaded no programe on it that 2.0 are whatever ones they have,what will my scanner do more if i download it will i be able to sepeate locals from state pol air med. any help thanls

Using WIN500 (Or any of the other programing software) makes it easier to manage the information in the different scanlists

jassing

Premium Subscriber
Using WIN500 (Or any of the other programing software) makes it easier to manage the information in the different scanlists

I agree -- While I came from a scanner that you had no choice, you had to enter manually each frequency into each bank; I found the Pro197 about the same to manually program; but with better organizational powers.. (move from bank to bank, etc)

The cable makes it very nice (IF you have a windows system) -- and if you have a subscription to RR - it makes your life a LOT simplier/easier -- you'll spend more time listening.... I second win500. PSREdit was a very close 2nd choice.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Just something to throw out there. If you have a 197 and a 106, you can program the 106 from the computer then patch the 106 to the 197 and clone it. It makes it easier if you have a radio mounted in your vehicle.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
BTW has anyone figured out how to print out your programming database from Win500 so one can have a hard-copy of what's in the radio? I have over 1600 objects in mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.