PRO 106 programming help needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

I use ARC500 from Butel. I am able to load one file at a time into radio. When I do it deletes original file. I have also tried as a Vscanner file with same results. I also cannot figure out how to name scan lists and to put my files into those scan lists...Please help or I may be forced to use Uniden again? IS there any easy to understand manual for radio and ARC500

John_M

sfd901 Wrote:

I use ARC500 from Butel. I am able to load one file at a time into radio. When I do it deletes original file.

Not sure what is going on here it should not delete the original file. Make sure you know where the saved file is on the computer.

I have also tried as a Vscanner file with same results.

This shouldn't happen either.

I also cannot figure out how to name scan lists and to put my files into those scan lists.

You have to go into Global Settings and select scanlists. There you can name your scanlists.

sfd901

Programming the PRO106

In the software or in scanner. Then how do I put the file into that scan list without automatically deleting other things in radio already

John_M

In the software.

Then how do I put the file into that scan list without automatically deleting other things in radio already.

You can't. You have to save what you have then load the other file.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I do not use software on my GRE500, doing the V-Folders by hand is just as easy as software, "save" your original "Workpad "00", then "load" the V-Folder of choice...Make changes in that folder then "stor" it back to where you loaded it from and "load" the "workpad-"00' back...You can only do one at a time....

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Any software will overwrite all data in current scanner memory when file is sent to scanner.

With ARC500 import either a TSYS or conventional data.

For TSYS, select the system via the pull down menus.

Then with Trunk System and Data tab selected click in sites box for frequencies to import then check which Talkgroups to import. If system is Motorola or P25 check in Trunk Options tab for Prior Alt controls options which is all you will need for this scanner for above systems. I leave Alpha Tags tab as default. Then press Scanlist tab and select a list to match TSYS with TGRP objects.

The above is one TSYS and TGRP objects in one Scanlist. You have 19 other Scanlst available to import prior to sending data to scanner. Keep current ARC open and do same for other TSYS and TGRP objects.

For CONV objects you will need to redo the pull downs then select Conventional tab. Insure you select a scanlist prior to final green Import button.

Why the author has banks in the software is beyond me but they have no function.

awattam

I would recommend you get the Win500 software which will greatly help programming this scanner and youll need a programming cable also.

You can also look online for a PDF document called `Easier to Read Pro-106 manual' This is much easier to read than the Radio Shack manual.

John_M

There is main memory (when you upload what you have your information is put into main memory). There is also 21 V-Folders. To put main memory into a V-Folder press func prg func, follow the steps and you can stor (save) what you have in main memory into a V-Folder 00-20. Then you can upload a new file to main memory and your previous file will be in the V- Folder that you selected. To load a V-folder into main memory you use the same keys Func, Prg, Func, and load your previously saved V-Folder into main memory. Main memory is where all scanning takes place.

John_M

The name of it would be the name that you saved the file to you computer. One of my files is named Greece.gr5. The saved V-Folder name is
Greece.

sfd901

Programming the PRO106

Ok so that I understand I don't have to somehow write it myself on the radio? When I tried to do that it asked me to save as a name. It offered me to use letters like MNO in a group of three or I could have saved to what appears to be existing pre programmed files alothiugh it seems the previous owner removed everything that was in those files. I must be doing something wrong. When I tried to spell out on the radio it wouldn't let me.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I would recommend you get the Win500 software which will greatly help programming this scanner and youll need a programming cable also.

You can also look online for a PDF document called `Easier to Read Pro-106 manual' This is much easier to read than the Radio Shack manual.

This. Win500 is way easier to use when you want to set up your Pro 106 and importing from the database is easier too(I use both Win96 and Win500 for Pro 2096 and Pro 106). Try it you'll like it.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
This attached txt file is a gr5 file for Union County.

To use this file you need to download (remember where) then rename by striking out the .txt leaving Union County NJ.gr5.
Run ARC500, click Open, then navigate to and select this file.
File is ready to send to scanner.

4 scanlist are active,
list 1 =Union County EDACS
list 2=Elizabeth EDACS
list 3=NJ St PD North Mot
list 4=Union County Conventional frequencies.

Last edited:

Highpockets

I use ARC500 from Butel. I am able to load one file at a time into radio. When I do it deletes original file. I have also tried as a Vscanner file with same results. I also cannot figure out how to name scan lists and to put my files into those scan lists...Please help or I may be forced to use Uniden again? IS there any easy to understand manual for radio and ARC500

I agree with one of the other posters, try win500, and if your really lost, I also posted a link to a guide for using win500. This guide will help with importing systems/frequencies from RR into win500 for uploading to your scanner.

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Win500 has a 30 free trial period.

sfd901

Programming the PRO106

I appreciate everyones help. With WIN500 I still cannot name the files and import more than one into the radio as VScanner files. IF I save the file from WIN500 or ARC500 to thew scanner as a Vscanner file it asks me where to save, when I use one of the numbers 1 to 21 (lists) it then asks me to name that file. It wants to default to the pre programmed Vscanner file names which are empty as other owner deleted them. It then asks me to name that file. It offers Qtext or shows alpha tag, When I use alpha tag it shown three letters on radio. From there it doesn't allow me to press the buttons for the corresponding letters. Boy this is one confusing radio

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You can only save one file at a time(which typically is a bunch of systems or "banks") into Pro 106's V Scanner. Before inputing my current .p500 file I go first going into V Scanner mode then deleting one of the current V Scanner system(one of the california ones) check off clear then commit and it will erase that one off. Then while in the same erased system number(06 was mine) I check off write which a window will pop up which makes me go the current directory I have my files in(my "D" drive in this case) and chose the Jan052010.p500 file I created as my current file I use for scanning with my Pro 106 then I click commit and I'm done. You can name your p500 to anything you want and it will show up in the Virtual Scanner that way.

Last edited:

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Also are you using the Virtual Scanner for future use for systems you might go through when on a trip or through a area you are not close to? I've got different .p500 systems I can load(like when I will visit my son in maryland)to put in Virtual Scanner mode when it's needed. If you are wanting local stuff I'd just load'em regular into the Win500 scan list.

sfd901

Programming the PRO106 V folders

I still can't seem to get this correct. How do I load one or more than one V-Folder from the software into the scanner. Then when I do how do I load the folder I want to listen to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.