Pro-107 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

csv

Premium Subscriber
scanner receives transmissions however does not show on the screen which is lit.....when cable is in to check firmware etc it displays firmware info........anyone have this problem & if so how corrected

anyone have this problem & if so how corrected

Read here:

Problems experienced with this scanner by purchasers:

1. Glitchy software. Latest updates are more stable than original release but software is still not 100% stable.
  2. Battery indicator unreliable.
  3. Signal meter not visible on "playing" screen. No way to indicate if trunk system is getting signal.
  4. LCD screen goes blank in two scenarios;
    1. when light is left on for an extended period of time.
    2. when unit is used reguarly. Possible faulty LCD screens are being used in this scanner.

Valeriy

1. LCD screen goes blank in two scenarios;
    1. when light is left on for an extended period of time.
    2. when unit is used reguarly. Possible faulty LCD screens are being used in this scanner.

My PRO-107 is on nearly 24/7 with the backlight always on since at least two years and I have never seen such a thing...

csv

Premium Subscriber
the backlight is on ...no problem...but the name and frequency is not displayed

csv

Premium Subscriber
as I said in first post...when cable is plugged in to check firmware etc, the screen will display info...when scanning.... nothing is shown however light is on

csv

Premium Subscriber
seems like no one is interested in the pro 107.........realize it is old......but does no one have any idea where one could have one checked out and repaired........................

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
seems like no one is interested in the pro 107.........realize it is old......but does no one have any idea where one could have one checked out and repaired........................

It's not that no one is interested or wants to help you. The manufacture, GRE went out of business several years ago. Radio Shack who sold marketed them also went out of business for the most part although they're making a slow come back. It's obsolete and has been for years and parts availability are likely zero. It's an analog type scanner and is less popular today. New replacement analog scanners are sold today for about what it would cost you to get the PRO-107 repaired.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

You might try contacting Uniden and Whistler. I know Uniden will repair some non-Uniden scanners, but I don't see the Pro-107 on their list of models they will or will not fix. Not sure if Whistler will touch it, but worth an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.