Status
Not open for further replies.

newtotheham

Hey everybody!

I have some questions regarding the(discontinued) RS Pro-107. If these questions have been answered in a previous post, please forgive me and link me.

First off, I have last update of iScan for the Pro-107 (v1.06) and it works great to pull and push to the SD card. However, NONE of the update features work(as Ive come to learn) because they are outdated and obsolete. Says HTTP has permanently moved.

I am trying to update the library database in the software so it’s somewhat current. I downloaded the latest library update for the Whistler WS1080, extracted and added to the db folder on my SD card and replaced all the older ones from 2013. When I go to the library tab in iScan, and click update channels, it seems to revert to the 2013 list it has from what I can only guess as its install and I cannot for the life of me find the db folder on the computer that iScan pulls from. Does anyone know where that is?

Second, I am trying to update the actual handheld unit to the latest(stable) version. I have read how the GRE PSR-700 firmware works for it but have seen numerous posts where they have bricked their unit. Does anyone have any insight to this and how I would update the RS with the GRE firmware to maximize the versatility of this unit? I know it’s older but 98% of the trunked TGs in my area are analog so this works fine. It’s more of a “let’s see what I can do with this obsolete scanner” type of situation.

If someone has a fully update 107, would you mind copying the contents of the SD card and putting on a public Dropbox or if you wanna pm me I can share a Dropbox folder with you to put it in.

Thanks in advance! My BCD436HP comes this week so I’ll have something current I can compare with.

Status
Not open for further replies.