Pro-164, multiple OKWIN sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I'm programming a Pro-164 for a friend. Not a GRE user, so this is all a little strange for me. Like driving a Ford.

I did a Pro-97 last summer and kept the .p97 file, so I'm using that as a start (Win97 supports both radios, fortunately). The person I did it for last summer had simple needs whereas this owner doesn't. Plus, he travels around central Okla.

I've googled around and see that, as with the older Bearcats, I can stick conventional channels in a bank with a trunking system. Cool, that helps.

What I can't seem to find is an answer about multiple sites in the same bank.

Can I, say, put the control channels for Sites 8 and 40 in the same bank and expect that the scanner will stop at the first one that it hears? If it does, can I assume it will use the tags that are in there?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not sure about your main question, but I have never had any good luck with Conv. and Trunk in the same bank. Lots of missed comms on the Conv. side as the radio stays on the trunked side quite a bit looking for traffic when there is none. I know the dwell time is adjustable, just sayin....

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about your main question, but I have never had any good luck with Conv. and Trunk in the same bank. Lots of missed comms on the Conv. side as the radio stays on the trunked side quite a bit looking for traffic when there is none. I know the dwell time is adjustable, just sayin....

Thanks, I wondered about that. The trick works pretty well in the non-DMA Bearcats, but didn't know if it worked in the GREs. The trunked stuff in that bank works fine, so no worries.

Am I right in thinking that the Pro-164 is just an updated Pro-97? Win97 certainly handles both and they seemed to have the same features. The only difference I saw was that the 97 can have three freqs associated with the SKYWARN button and the 164 can only have one!

Status
Not open for further replies.