PRO-164 Programming accomplished

Status
Not open for further replies.

m5xb

I have been working on programming my PRO-164 for a trunked EDACS system, and finally got it figured out tonight! It took three nights, but it is working like a charm now! The problem seemed to be that one of my frequencies was incorrect. So I obtained an updated list of frequencies and found the one that was not right. Once I updated the frequency, trunked scanning kicked right in.

The general steps I followed were:

1. Set the bank for EDACS mode.
2. Started entering frequencies on channel one, not zero. Made sure mode was set to EDACS while programming. Also entered the frequencies in the correct order.

So, if you have the bank set to the correct mode, and have the correct frequencies in the correct order, you should be able to program the 164 just fine.

Mike
Daytona Beach

DickH

"Also entered the frequencies in the correct order."

"order" has nothing to do with it. The freqs. need to be in the correct LCN (Logical Channel NUMBER). You are just lucky that the Volusia county freqs. happen to be in numerical order. Some EDACS systems skip freqs., so the "order" could be 1,2, 5, 7,8,9,10 14 ---.
If the freqs. are in the wrong channels in your scanner, it won't work.

shadcall

It wasn't that the frequency was "incorrect" but because Volusia just changed control channels on 2 of their 3 systems. I guess in a way it is incorrect, but more needing the updated info.

I just checked the database listing and it now has the correct information.

Status
Not open for further replies.