Pro 164.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164 or PSR-300

Welcome to RadioReference.com!!! It is a great radio for picking up analog transmissions. In order to give you better advice, we'd need to know what specifically you want to listen to and where you are.

The first thing you're probably going to need to do is program it (unless you paid to have that done already). Get yourself the USB cable (RS 20-047 or from GRE) and some software. I use WIN97 (www.starrsoft.com) which comes with a 30 day free trial.

Good luck!

kirgi08

I've lurked here for years.I'm in Buncombe cty of NC.Not into EOC,just local LEO.'08.

cr45h

advice? hard to give. it's a powerful scanner capable of many things. start by reading the manual, program in all your local channels, see what you find, figure out what you like.

N8IAA

I've lurked here for years.I'm in Buncombe cty of NC.Not into EOC,just local LEO.'08.

It will work nicely for what you want for conventional frequencies. It will even monitor the Asheville trunked system. Have you checked out the database here on radio reference? No problem filling up the scanner:)
Larry

kirgi08

I don't like the on/off/squelch on the same control point.As ta "upgrades" I really have no idea whats out there.'08.

Status
Not open for further replies.