pro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider70

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am looking to replace my pro 2004 with a new hand held scanner capable of hearing trunked transmissions. Any suggestions on what to buy? I probably will try to sell the pro 2004, Does anyone know the value of this radio?

Thanks

freqs

Members can help you but first we need info from you .
We need your location .Are the freqs in your area digital or not? .
All that is a factor to look at so you can get the best scanner that works in your area ..
As far as your 2004 I would keep it I have a 2006 and use it every day and my area has a lot of trunking and Digital .I use my 2006 for a local trunked sys it dont track it but can monitor it .Its also good for listening to CB low band anything non Digital .

N8IAA

Hey Trailrider70. Your county has gone P-25 digital on 400Mhz. Since you are posting in the RS forum, I guess you are looking to get a Pro Series model. The Pro-106 is the handheld to get. But, just to keep the peace, the Uniden 396XT is the other model of choice for handheld digital reception. Love my 106 and wish I had the base, 197, to go with it:)
Larry

N8IAA

Oh, keep the 2004 for all the milair traffic and marine traffic. You won't find a much better scanner for conventional frequencies:D
Larry

HammerDude

Hi, I am looking to replace my pro 2004 with a new hand held scanner capable of hearing trunked transmissions. Any suggestions on what to buy? I probably will try to sell the pro 2004, Does anyone know the value of this radio?

Thanks

Hang on to it for other frequencies. There are lots of them. The pro2004 is a very good scanner and you get almost no money for it. The pro2004, like the pro2022/2023 were very popular models in the 80's and 90's because they could be modified to include all blocked frequencies. The value of the Pro2004 when it was new was about $400CAN. So my advise is to hang on to it...

bkantor

While I fully agree you should hold on to the 2004 (I have 2!) - recent sales on eBay show that approximately 5 sold between $71 and $100. There was one exception that sold for $26, but I didn't check the ad to see if there was an issue with it.

N8IAA

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a base that is good for scanning in my area?

Radio Shack Pro-197, Uniden 996XT are the newest on the market. I prefer the 197 because it doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the 996. I am sure that there will be those who disagree. But, since you posted on the RS forum:) I have a 106 and love it. With Win500 for programming software, you can't beat either the 106, or, 197.
JMTCW,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.