PRO-2021 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckybrillo

Good Day. I am new here and just registered.

I have a Radio Shack PRO-2021 scanner. Still have the original box with all accessories and the manual.
I have used it many times, but this was about 15 years ago. This unit is in mint condition.
But now it is silent? Is this because frequencies have changed from Analog to digital or the other way around?

I have a new frequency book. But no luck. Is this unit now obsolete? Can anyone offer any suggestions?
I would like to get it receiving again. As in police, aircraft, and anything in-between.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

David.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Good Day. I am new here and just registered.

I have a Radio Shack PRO-2021 scanner. Still have the original box with all accessories and the manual.
I have used it many times, but this was about 15 years ago. This unit is in mint condition.
But now it is silent? Is this because frequencies have changed from Analog to digital or the other way around?

I have a new frequency book. But no luck. Is this unit now obsolete? Can anyone offer any suggestions?
I would like to get it receiving again. As in police, aircraft, and anything in-between.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

David.

Check the current RR data base for your area, It may be obsolete in your area, but still usable in other parts of the USA.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The Pro-2021 is a good reliable analog scanner and should be picking up something in any area in the vhf/uhf band. For a quick test, tune to your local uhf weather station. If you can hear a NOAA weather report, do a search between 118.00 - 126.500 in the air band and you should hear something from a nearby airport. Even tho your area might be overloaded with digital signals, DMR, NXDN and P25 stuff, there is still a lot of hi/low vhf/uhf stuff to monitor. I had that scanner for years, nice radio. Have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

fredva

Feed Provider
In Canada, I understand the equivalent of NOAA is called WeatherRadio Canada, and it operates in the VHF frequency range of 162.4–162.55. So try searching that range, and also try the air band as suggested above. This should hopefully establish whether the scanner has a problem receiving or not. One caveat is not everybody is within range of a weather radio transmitter, but the vast majority are.

Status
Not open for further replies.