PRO 2096 with multiple systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAUNGST

Hey,

Does anyone know if you can put multiple systems in one bank on the Pro 2096?

I live near the Baltimore region and have this radio in my car. When traveling, I run out of bank space on my 2096 so I was wondering if I could put systems in one bank to "share". I figured on putting County talk groups in that were distant apart, that way the radio wouldn't be looking in both systems if it were receiving a signal... (hopefully I explained that right).

Example

Harford Fire / Montgomery County Fire
Howard Fire / Fairfax
Anne Arundel Fire / Carroll County
Frederick County / QA County

ETC ETC ETC.....

Thanks!
Tim

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I seem to recall that there was a trick you could use with RS/GRE scanners - put an unused conventional freq (like 512 Mhz) in between the 2 trunked systems - but I'm not entirely sure of this....Mike

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
Do you mean putting multiple control channels in one bank? That's how I have mine set though I'm not sure it's the best way. Since the 2096 has Control Channel Only trunking you can use several different control channels in the same bank. The different systems would be the same as different sites. You would have to put the bank in "closed "mode & use the sub-banks to program the talk groups you want to hear for each system. (that is one way to do it) If there are any talkgroup ID's common to both systems it might be a problem.

Having two systems would probably work, as long as you don't run out of talk group memories. You have four talkgroup ID sub banks that can be used one for each system (30 talkgroups per system). These can be toggled on & off.

I'm talking about Motorola systems only. EDACS systems need their own bank.

Honestly though I'm not sure if having multiple CCs means I'm missing some things. I get transmissions on all three though.

In short, I think the radio would see the different systems the same way it sees different sites on the same system. Someone else who has tried this or understands the 2096 better than me will hopefully give a better answer. -Justin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.