pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What format does the Pro 2096 takes when programming it? Forgive me I'm a noob to digital scanners and I plan to take programming using Win96 to add frequencies for 3 counties in WV. Are the cvs files the ones that need to be gotten from the Database for those counties to be programmed in by Win96? I did do a search of this forum before asking this question and I'm asking in advance of me getting my 2096 so I know what to do once I receive it.

hoser147

Once you have your scanner download the Win96 and get a premium membership here, and its a piece of cake to download your area and others, it will just take a few minutes.................Hoser

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Yup exactly what hoser sd, thou if you don't have the funds for a prem.. you can do it all manually with the win96

MASTIFF

Received Pro 2096 As Present New To This Type

Rec. As A Fathers Day Gift. Don't Know Anything About This Type Of Scanner. Use To The Old Type. Now Everything Is Digital All New To Me. Got Scanner Already Programed In From Radio Shack In Area Police, Fire, Ambulance. Can Someone Explain What Is Trunking, And How Do I Program Other Counties Etc. Where Do I Go Or Look For To Program Other Stuff In. Have An Entenna On Roof From Radio Shack Is That Good Enough Or Do I Need To Get A Better One. If So Which Kind, Plenty Of Room For Entenna. Thanks For Your Help.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Mastiff get Win96,it will give you ease of use in programming your 2096,and buy a premium subscription to get files for your area,I use a magnetic mount antenna from Radio Shack to pull in signal(I get Nitro and Clendenin in my area as my furtherest one's so far for now),welcome aboard here and keep asking questions,only way to learn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.