PRO 433

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmangan

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a PRO 433, I have programmed my county's talkgroups in, but nothing is coming through, nor can I figure out how to manually navigate to a specific talkgroup programmed. I have read the manual, but can't seem to figure it out.

I also see now that the 433 can't support the 800mhz reband? My county has gone through that. Am I SOL now?

trp2525

...Am I SOL now?

You can use the PRO-433 to monitor conventional analog channels (not trunked) in your area so the scanner still has some life left in it. You will need a newer-technology scanner to monitor a trunk system that has been rebanded.

Nasby

I just purchased a PRO 433, I have programmed my county's talkgroups in, but nothing is coming through, nor can I figure out how to manually navigate to a specific talkgroup programmed. I have read the manual, but can't seem to figure it out.

I also see now that the 433 can't support the 800mhz reband? My county has gone through that. Am I SOL now?

You won't be able to enter talkgroups or anything close to that.

You can probably receive some taxi cabs, airplanes and trains with it though.

marksmith

It is a trunking scanner, so you WILL be able to enter talkgroups. I have one of these I got cheap.

If you have analog trunking systems you can monitor them. If yours has rebanded you will miss some communications as the control channel will likely not take you to the right voice channels in some cases.

It's a great non-trunking scanner, but gets all Motorola, EDACS, and LTR systems if you have any local.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Status
Not open for further replies.