Pro-651: Pro 651 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this scanner brand new and it is amazing, except it will not let me hear the local fire depts., I still have a conventional Uniden hooked up so I can hear the fire. I recently reprogrammed this scanner with the computer download, and now the fire frequency will occasionally show it is picking up the conventional frequency, but there is never any sound. It simply just stops there when they are talking, but I hear nothing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? Although I've been around scanners my entire life, this new digital stuff is confusing me.

What programming software are you using and what is your location (city, county, state)? Which fire departments?
The program I used is called psr edit 500, I downloaded it from a link here on RR. Which it is working better now than it was previously. Buckhannon, West Virginia, Upshur County

tvengr

Well Known Member
The conventional frequencies are listed as BM for Base/Mobile. That means you will hear the mobile units only if they are close to you. Same goes for the ones listed as M for Mobile. Fire, EMS, Sheriff, and Buckhannon PD have talkgroups on the SIRN statewide system with a site in Buckhannon.. I would program that to check what you hear there. If they are active on SIRN, your will hear both sides of the conversation. I have ARC500 and WIN500, but not PSREdit 500. If I had PSREdit 500, I would help with the programmiing. Here is the link to SIRN:

The conventional frequencies are listed as BM for Base/Mobile. That means you will hear the mobile units only if they are close to you. Same goes for the ones listed as M for Mobile. Fire, EMS, Sheriff, and Buckhannon PD have talkgroups on the SIRN statewide system with a site in Buckhannon.. I would program that to check what you hear there. If they are active on SIRN, your will hear both sides of the conversation. I have ARC500 and WIN500, but not PSREdit 500. If I had PSREdit 500, I would help with the programmiing. Here is the link to SIRN:
That's what I used to program it yesterday, because It wasn't doing anything at all before with the fire dept., now it will stop on the frequency when they talk, I just cannot hear them, it's complete silence on this scanner while they are talking on my old conventional scanner. Everything else is working much better than before once I did the talk group though.

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you say stop on a frequency, what to you mean? SIRN is a trunked system with talkgroups. Did you program the trunked system with a site and talkgroups or did you just enter frequencies? I'm not sure about the nomenclature on PSREdit500, but the system type should be something like P25 Auto.

When you say stop on a frequency, what to you mean? SIRN is a trunked system with talkgroups. Did you program the trunked system with a site and talkgroups or did you just enter frequencies? I'm not sure about the nomenclature on PSREdit500, but the system type should be something like P25 Auto.
It is set up on the p25 auto, and when my older conventional scanner is talking on the fire frequency, this scanner will also stop, like it is picking up the signal, but there is no sound for the fire only. Everything else works just fine,lol. That's why I'm so confused,lol

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you monitoring just the SIRN trunked system (no conventional frequencies) and do you have TGID 3701 for the Fire Dispatch talkgroup? I started a thread on the WV forum asking if anyone else has audio on that talkgroup. It is very strange that other talkgroups are working on that system. What site frequencies do you have programmed?

I was only monitoring the SIRN trunked system originally until I noticed the fire wasn't working still. So then I added the conventional fire frequencies I found here, which includes the one that works on the old conventional scanner. This all started because fire has never worked on this scanner, and I've had both of my pro 651 scanners since they were new, and neither one gets the fire. I'm going to reformat this one again and start over again fresh to see if it changes anything. But I'll show you the list of what I have in it at the moment after adding the conventional frequencies. Thanks for helping by the way, I do appreciate it!!!
TGRP GRP: WildCard! TG: WildCard West Virginia St 2.0 N/A --------------------F- 0
TGRP 3701 UpshrCo Fire West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3705 UpshrCo EMS West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3707 UpshrCoSO Dp West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3711 Buckhannon PD West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3733 UpshrCo Tac3 West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3751 UpshrCo OES West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3781 UpshrCo HdSt West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP PVT: WildCard! PC: WildCard West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 3937 UpshrCo 911 West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 9127 WVDnr D3 Tac West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 9137 WVDnr D3 Dp West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP 9138 WVDnr D3 Pvt West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0
TGRP PVT: WildCard! PC: WildCard West Virginia St 2.0 N/A 1-------------------F- 0

Chronic

Test the weather channel to verify the scanner really works , make sure you get sound out of speaker .

Frequencies don't show object ids l. The object ids are on the talkgroups.
Okay, if I go manually into everything to the fire depts. stuff, the object I.D. is 0000. On the radio reference page, the fire depts. also do not have an object I.D. listed, or "tone" number.

Last edited:
Test the weather channel to verify the scanner really works , make sure you get sound out of speaker .
Everything works great other than the fire depts. I cannot get them to talk at all. It has received signal from them, but no sound, and that was only one or two times. Even on the radio reference page there is no object I.D. listed, or "tone" number, and I downloaded my stuff from it.

Last edited:

djeplett

The "object ID" is simply the number of the memory location in your scanner where that talkgroup ID is stored. For troubleshooting purposes you can ignore that number altogether.

The "object ID" is simply the number of the memory location in your scanner where that talkgroup ID is stored. For troubleshooting purposes you can ignore that number altogether.
Okay...thanks, I think I was talking about the tone number, I just misunderstood it. I'm slowly learning, but still keeping a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.