PRO-90 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyledad

I know it's ancient technology but I can find no technical reason why this scanner shouldn't do what I want. I programmed the State of Oklahoma DPS trunked system OKC site into bank 1 and received an error on selecting it to scan. Tried bank 2 with same result. This radio came to me with trunked systems already in banks 8, 9 , and 0 so I put OKC in bank 0, hit Trunk and 0 then 3 seconds later it was showing ID's. Then I put the Norman site in bank 9 and Guthrie in bank 8... Error. Reviewed the frequencies against the database and all are correct. No other freqs in those banks besides the trunk freqs. This is a Type 2 smartzone system with mostly analog talkgroups. Any ideas? Should I reset and start over?

Thanks in advance

boyledad

It has to be in trunking mode to trunk on that scanner

trunked hold down beeps two times to trunked .......

I'm sorry. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough when I said I have a trunked system working in one bank but get errors in other banks. You have to select a bank after going into trunked mode and that's when I get "Error"

mikey60

I'm sorry. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough when I said I have a trunked system working in one bank but get errors in other banks. You have to select a bank after going into trunked mode and that's when I get "Error"

I sold my old Pro-90 awhile ago, so I can't test it for you. I wonder if it doesn't like something about the Smartzone data on the control channel. Is the other system you're monitoring a single site system?

The Pro-90 was one of the first scanners to do trunktracking, and used low speed data from the voice channel to track the system as well. The digital talkgroups wouldn't have that data on them.

Also, did you program all frequencies for the site you're trying to monitor?

Mike

boyledad

Multi-site Smartzone

I'm using a different bank for each site. The main one, lets call Site A, works in bank 0 but didn't work in bank 1 or 2 with the same frequencies entered in the same order. Sites B and C don't work in banks 8 and 9. The error comes up after I go to trunked mode and select the bank. It is not even searching for a control channel - it's an immediate error. It has to be something deeper than just the frequencies. I think I'll just reset and start over from scratch. I'll post my results when I see what happens.

boyledad

Update - fixed

I reset the scanner and started entering everything from scratch. Four sites are now running smoothly in four banks without the error. I guess it had a frog in its throat or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.