Pro-95 Trunking Sound Sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9GTJ

Is it common on my Pro-95 that after a trunked broadcast that the scanner stays "open" and plays the trunking sound?

I have 2 different trunked systems plus some generic FM frequencies programmed and the scanner will continue to scan "open" playing the control signal with brief breaks as it scans the generic FM freqs and will change control channel tones between the 2 systems.

I can wait and maybe after 1 to 3 other broadcasts it resets to normal or usually a push of the scan button will also make it stop.

Ideas?

I have attached my config in case I have something tweaked wrong.

Last edited:

mike_webb59

I get the same annoying sound if I program and activate the Priority Channel. I have one EDACS Trunk that gives me fits due to low power and reception, I think, and when I kick in a priority scan it's just too much for the scanner to take on. My scanner continues to operate, it's just an loud distraction. I have no remedy, other than to kill the priority scan.

HTH, Mike

K9GTJ

mike_webb59 said:
I get the same annoying sound if I program and activate the Priority Channel. I have one EDACS Trunk that gives me fits due to low power and reception, I think, and when I kick in a priority scan it's just too much for the scanner to take on. My scanner continues to operate, it's just an loud distraction. I have no remedy, other than to kill the priority scan.

HTH, Mike

That seems like it is it. I never made the connection.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
It's a bug that RS never decided to fix, so you have to live with it. Good thing I can keep my Priority WX on as long as I am scanning a MOT system! My local EDACs system has the Weather alerts on its own TG (The same broadcast as on the VHF channels), so I am covered there too.

mike_webb59

I just wait until I hear some talk about weather moving in check the Wx manually (pffft). I'll use the [func] + [Wx] key to turn on alerts when I sleep and that's how I live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.