PRO-96 and the 700 Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdavis8

I apologize in advance for not using radio lingo in this thread but I am a newbie and try to clearly state my objective.

Savannah Fire is showing radio info on the link below that its can broadcast on the 700 band due to new open frequencies from other radio item moving around. It appears that in future they are moving to a system that will allow multiple counties to communicate.

MY QUESTION: is can a PRO-96 be "re-banded" or "extended frequencied" to receive this 769 to 774 area of radio waves (frequencies??)

It appears they are using bands 769.00000 (769.; 770.;771.;772.;773.774.) all can be viewed on RR at link below.
System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

THE FOLLOWING THREE NOTES WERE CUT AND PASTED FROM THE LINKED PAGE:

Latest News Update Posted on 2010-10-07 11:45:29
Users report that this is still at least partially monitorable as a P25 Phase 1 system, so the system type has been modified. When the Phase II specification is ratified and/or this system becomes fully unmonitorable by scanners supporting only Phase 1, it should be set back to Phase 2

News Update Posted on 2010-07-12 23:54:38
Note the Savanah-Chatham Municipal Police talkgroups are linked via SmartX to their sister talkgroups on the old Chatham-Effingham TRS, during the migration to the new SEGARREN TRS. Once the new system is fully operational, and all users have migrated off the old Type-II TRS, the SmartX option will be deactivated; thus, dropping the link between both systems. However, this probably will not happen for several more months.

News Update Posted on 2010-07-11 09:45:00
The Bryan County Public Safety TRS, has been determined to be part of the Southeast Georgia Regional Radio Network (SEGARREN) along with a 700 MHz site with System ID 02C5h-0102 has recently come on the air in Chatham County. This will be a multi-county system. The Bryan County system has two sites that simulcast the same control frequency; one is in Pembroke, the other is in Richmond Hill.

Southeast Georgia Regional Radio Network (SEGARREN) Trunking System, Savannah, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Will this system be unmonitorable?
Can a PRO-96 be manually program to receive the 769 to 774 range of frequency??
If not what scanner or scanner type may do the job??
Using the pre-programmed WIN-96 "800 MHZ Rebanded" under 3600 CC" only appears to give you 0-719 and 720-759 with various base frequencies and "steps are over my head in mathematics to explain, but the QUESTION IS can I manual enter the desired bands of 769 to 774 and at what base frequencies and at what step??? I am question info found here in section "Reband tables for Motorola 800MHz trunking systems" on a page link of Win96 - The RadioReference Wiki

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE TO READ

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Don't one of the scanner control programs enable the 96 to receive some sort of extended frequencies ?

Starrsoft Win96

I guess it's not the 700 MHz band though.

Last edited:

mikey60

You can enable the 700MHz frequency band using WIN96, however you will only be able to monitor those frequencies in conventional mode. The PRO-96 will not trunk track in the 700MHz band.

Mike

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the clarificationj Mikey60.

I knew that Win96 did something about extended freqs... but I could recall exaclty what.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.