Pro 96 program

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedh388

Just wondering, in the Win96 program it give you an option under scanner tab to download from scanner. Is this like copying it. I have a friend who I programmed his scanner for him and lost the config. for it. I would like to upload it to my computer program and then use it for my scanner.

I am worried that if I uploadit from his scanner that it will erase his data?

can someone help me

Thanks

Just wondering, in the Win96 program it give you an option under scanner tab to download from scanner. Is this like copying it. I have a friend who I programmed his scanner for him and lost the config. for it. I would like to upload it to my computer program and then use it for my scanner.

I am worried that if I uploadit from his scanner that it will erase his data?

can someone help me

Thanks
I always get messed up when I work with different software. I've found that the operative words in most is TO and FROM. So, "Download FROM Scanner" will read your friend's scanner. If you "Upload TO Scanner," you will write whatever you have in Win96 into his scanner, which would probably fill it with zeroes or whatever you already had in Win96 and wipe whatever he has in his scanner out. Hope that helps you.

blangell

Yes you can DOWNLOAD from your friends 2096(96) into Win96 and UPLOAD to your 2096(96). If you have anything in the active memory on your radio it will be wiped out. If you have anything in active memory you might want to save it to .p500 file unless it all ready is. While your at it you might also want to save a copy of your friends config in a .p500 file.

TES

Yes you can DOWNLOAD from your friends 2096(96) into Win96 and UPLOAD to your 2096(96). If you have anything in the active memory on your radio it will be wiped out. If you have anything in active memory you might want to save it to .p500 file unless it all ready is. While your at it you might also want to save a copy of your friends config in a .p500 file.

I believe the appropriate file extension is .p96 rather than .p500.

Status
Not open for further replies.