Pro 96 rubber grips

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
AlabamaRS said:
maybe I should start a poll, on who would send their scanner back & do without for 2-3 weeks just tof ix the grips???. Warranty or no warranty??..
Don't.

As I said, it is your $500.
Just remember: it is under warranty, most grips don't fall off (mine have never), and modifications (including self-repairs) made to the scanner may void your warranty.

xusmarine1979

Mine was way past warranty, but I glued them back myself. If the warranty was still good I'd send it back. But all 3 of the pro 96's I've had, all of them lost their rubber grips.

rabidmoose57

Easy there folks!

My, such acromony over a piece of rubber! I went the Gorilla Glue route myself, it beat the shipping charge my local RS wanted to charge me for sending it in for repair.

xusmarine1979

Well, it's not just over some rubber. When you void the warranty, you void the warranty, if something else more serious goes wrong with the radio, and you glued them back on yourself and they tell you that since you glued them yourself your warranty is no good, what would you do? I guess you'd have to do a pretty sloppy job putting that glue on.

3M "Poster Tape" from Wal Mart fixed mine. It's double-sided and very thin so you have to use two strips for each grip.
I'm not sure what the original adhesive strips were made of but from what was left after the grips fell off it looked exactly
like the 3M tape, just cut precisely in shape of the grip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.