Pro-96 Severe Programming Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator23

Radio Reference Community,

*Please bare with me. I'm going to provide as much information as possible. I appreciate everyone's time.*

I'm not a complete newbie to scanners but ever since we hit digital my head is spinning. I have a Pro-96 that has been professionally programmed (by computer) for my organization that requires me to be listening in whenever possible, but there are some frequency's that I would rather have in separate banks, (Like Police & Fire so they do not interrupt each other if there transmitting at the same time) ... so I want to keep everything how it is now so I don't mess anything up, but experiment in 2 new banks how I want it set up.

I'm referring to the Bayonne City Trunking System. Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) :
Bayonne City Trunking System, Bayonne, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Now I'm not understanding the Primary Control Frequencies, the Alternate Frequencies, Base, Spacing, Offset DEC, HEX and Mode.

I want to add the Law and Fire talkgroups. So how do I program in the DEC, HEX, Modes, Trunking ect.?

I noticed from the bank that was professionally done that there are only 5 frequencies programmed in that allows me to hear 12 frequencies how is this possible?

Hopefully someone can put together all that information and walk me though programming this *Manually*

If there's any other information you may need please let me know, thank you for all your help.
Extremely Appreciated!!

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
its easy, if you have a cable and computer - copy & paste the program is FREE for a trail periodits called WIN96 by Don Starr
You dont need 'professional' ($$) just the cable from Radio Shack

just repeat the programing info you already have into a new Bank put in fire talk groups by copy and paste from the exsisting bank into the NEW bank repeat for PD if you have room for another bank & label the banks as such
again copy and paste the control freq and the tg's and off sets
manually takes longer but it can be done IF you have the booklet if not there is a WIKI here that should and can explain how too do it

the 5 or so frequencies programed are all you need the radio will do the rest dont worry you cant mess it up ?

jvdet

manually is a real pain, but is possible, get the cable do it your self
then you can add Jersey City, Union City, PA, state police, the radio has 100 banks go into another bank and try it! copy the info from the original bank - on paper then pick a bank and enter the info PRESS the PROGRAM key a P shows up in the display and go with it, it wont hurt your original bank, its slower than a computer maybe 15min- 30 min more manually

and as stated above the 5 control freq's are all you need the radio will track any other voice channels if the system has then (12) as they become active that part you do not need to worry about them!

N8IAA

but there are some frequency's that I would rather have in separate banks, (Like Police & Fire so they do not interrupt each other if there transmitting at the same time) ... so I want to keep everything how it is now so I don't mess anything up, but experiment in 2 new banks how I want it set up.

The only way that you can monitor both the PD and FD at the same time without interruption is to have two scanners programmed. One with the PD and the other with the FD. Even if you put them in separate banks, which ever TG comes up first, will be the one the scanner decodes. Looking at the system you linked, it requires special programming for that system on the Pro-96 (a special band plan). Not sure if you can do it by hand.
HTH,
Larry

Terminator23

Alright it looks like I'm gonna be going to buy that cable and get that Win96 thank you everyone for replying so quickly.

@Larry I guess I should of worded it better, right now Police & Fire are in the same bank so when the fire department is transmitting, then stops normally the police have a message as well and i never get the fire departments reply. So if there is a working fire I wanted to be able to turn the Police off, which I can't do if there in the same bank. Sorry about that but once again thank you everyone for your quick replys! Stay Safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.