Pro 97 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjkd856

Hey, can someone tell me how to program a Motorola Type 1 system on the pro 97? Im trying to trunk this: http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4111.... I know it says its a type 2 system..But ive heard it may not be. Im new to trunking, it says something about a fleetmap and i dont know anything about that or how to program it lol. It tells me to enter the size code and idk what that is.

Thanks

Last edited:

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried programming it then listening to it? If you can listen to it WITHOUT a fleetmap, it's Type II. If you can't listen to it, then at least you know it's Type I. See if it's type II first because fleet map programming can be a pain in the ass, especially if you don't know the fleetmap or it's not in the database.

If you know it's Type I and the fleetmap isn't in the database, I believe the manual lists some common fleetmaps to try out.

scnnr

Since there is not much information on that system and no listing of tg's or control channels. I think you would be best to just program it in as a type 2 system with all the frequencies programmed in. Then just leave it in open mode and scan that bank to see if any tg's pop up.

Good luck

EDIT: Oops, sorry Colin, I see you posted while I was typing up a respnse.

ncjkd856

Im new to this..Someone else scans it as a type 1 and says it works fine..so i really think its a type 1. I have it as a type 2 and hear it like once a week...I was looking at the manual but i dont know how to program the fleetmap. What is a fleet map? It sounds like a type 1. Sorry for all the questions.

scnnr

Motorola built the Smart-Net system and tried to sell it to the county. Pitt County decided not to buy the system for $5.1 million. Motorola then tried to sell space on the system to local businesses but to stop this Pitt County Memorial Hospital purchased the system. EastCare ground unit transports are the only users of this system.
You have to realize that according to the information above there is only one user on this system at this time. That is probably why you are not hearing a heck of a lot of chatter.

Even if it is a type 1 system, you still can have it programmed as type 2, you wil just see different TG id's pop up for the same user sometimes.

Randy

ncjkd856

I doubt that info is right considering when i hear it i also hear hospital security and the buses...Also EastCare is always busy, thats what im trying to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.