Pro 97 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsetter

I just purchased a Pro 97 and I'm having issues with it.

First -
I'm using PSRedit300 to program this scanner. What I'm most anxious to here on this scanner is the Moline IL police and fire departments. They use an EDACS trucked system. For some reason while I'm in scan mode, the display says "Scanning up...." but I NEVER HEAR A THING!!!! If I go to "man" mode I can find the control channel and can hear it fine. I can also scroll through manually and catch the tail end of a conversation. Whats going on???

I have checked and rechecked my frequencies and LCN. I got the freqs from RR and put them in the order they were listed, starting on channel 101 (not 100) as suggested in some of the other threads I've read.

The Mode for all 10 freqs is ED and the bank mode is set to ED. I'm also scanning in the Open Mode. I have also programmed all of the TG ID from the RR site, and have them enabled. None of the freqs are locked out.

Second -
My scanner seems to like to get stuck on that trunked bank. I have Conventionl freqs programed into banks 0 and 2. I have the above mentioned trunked freqs in bank 1. If I have all 3 banks on and push scan, the scanner will scan through from bank to bank 4 - 5 times and then just stop on bank 1 (the trunked freq bank) and be stuck there. If I turn bank 1 off, the scanner seem to work normally.

Can any of you help? I'm just about at my wits end here.

Thank you in advance!!

btritch

Hmm...

Mine does the same thing....Except mine does it with LTR systems. It can scan all day and not hear a thing but if I hit one manually than it will start talking on a channel....I have not had the second problem you are describing yet anyways..

I've been looking for a fix myself.. It's weird...

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Pro-97

jetsetter said:
I just purchased a Pro 97 and I'm having issues with it.

First -
I'm using PSRedit300 to program this scanner. What I'm most anxious to here on this scanner is the Moline IL police and fire departments. They use an EDACS trucked system. For some reason while I'm in scan mode, the display says "Scanning up...." but I NEVER HEAR A THING!!!! If I go to "man" mode I can find the control channel and can hear it fine. I can also scroll through manually and catch the tail end of a conversation. Whats going on???

I have checked and rechecked my frequencies and LCN. I got the freqs from RR and put them in the order they were listed, starting on channel 101 (not 100) as suggested in some of the other threads I've read.

The Mode for all 10 freqs is ED and the bank mode is set to ED. I'm also scanning in the Open Mode. I have also programmed all of the TG ID from the RR site, and have them enabled. None of the freqs are locked out.

Second -
My scanner seems to like to get stuck on that trunked bank. I have Conventionl freqs programed into banks 0 and 2. I have the above mentioned trunked freqs in bank 1. If I have all 3 banks on and push scan, the scanner will scan through from bank to bank 4 - 5 times and then just stop on bank 1 (the trunked freq bank) and be stuck there. If I turn bank 1 off, the scanner seem to work normally.

Can any of you help? I'm just about at my wits end here.

Thank you in advance!!

My Pro-97 seems to be almighty deaf when using Search. Can't find an airport frequency even when I have line of sight to the tower.
So I search using Funct-Tune. That works well.

EDACS - you not only have to have the channels in LCN order and each one set to ED mode but you also have to have the talkgroups set to ED. (Manual - Funct - Trunk - Mode) set the Mode to ED.

I've seen the stoppage issue when I've computer programmed a frequency that doesn't match the proper step increments in that range. For example, if I computer program 154.24 the radio will stop scanning on the channel BEFORE THAT ONE. If I manually try to program that same frequency the radio will correct to the nearest valid freq (154.235) and be ok.

That's my $.03

jetsetter

Holy Cow!!

Programming into the scanner instead of using the computer seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help!!

Now I'm having an issue with the PSRedit300 and the TG ID's. I suppose thats for a different forum.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
PSRedit

jetsetter said:
Programming into the scanner instead of using the computer seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help!!

Now I'm having an issue with the PSRedit300 and the TG ID's. I suppose thats for a different forum.

Glad I could help on one thing anyway.

I don't have or use PSR edit so can't help with that.

45SigSauer

Download and install Win97, Best software you could use. Made programming my Pro-97 very easy, and NO PROBLEMS at all.

Buzzy4047

software

I don't want to download software from site. Can I buy it out rite?
I have a pro 164

CStarr59

Buzzy4047 said:
I don't want to download software from site. Can I buy it out rite?
I have a pro 164

I don't know if you can buy it direct, but if you download it's free for 30 days. It's what I use for my pro-164 and it works very well. If you like it and it works for you then you can buy it. This way you can tweak your setting when ever you want, like adding or removing frequencies when ever you want.

Buzzy4047

Where counld I find out or who counld I ask about the software?

I don't have the enternet hooked up to my computer, I am useing my wife's computer and she dose not want to download it..........

Buzzy4047

software

Becaues it is her computer only. I got my own computer but we can aford to hook the enternet to my computer. I counld hook mine up but, she wounld not have enternet. She is on the net every day, I wounld not be, I have long working hours each day, some odd jobs all so. We live paycheck to paycheck every week (like mosed people in the world).

Last edited:

KE7TJK

Buzzy4047 said:
Becaues it is her computer only. I got my own computer but we can aford to hook the enternet to my computer. I counld hook mine up but, she wounld not have enternet. She is on the net every day, I wounld not be, I have long working hours each day, some odd jobs all so. We live paycheck to paycheck every week (like mosed people in the world).

Hook yours up to the internet long enough to download the software.

Only takes a few minutes.

Are you on dial up or a broadband connection?

Buzzy4047

software

CODE03 said:
Hook yours up to the internet long enough to download the software.

Only takes a few minutes.

Are you on dial up or a broadband connection?

I am on dial up.
I will do that, yes thank you every much.
I will let you konw if it worked.
Now I need to save my pinnys and get the Cable.

Thank you again

mikey60

jetsetter said:

What is the issue you're having with PSREdit300?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.