PRO 97 Something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcycle

I bought my pro97 new bout 4 years ago. I worn out the users guide the first month learning how to program this puppy. a few months later Bingo I figured it out!!! now 4 years later some bimbo boyfriend of a close friend totally un programed my baby. Ok my question is coming up, but first its been a minute I do know more now than I did but decided to take to My friendly R S store and have them program it through their computer. The manager doing it I was sure I was in good hands and still sure. Heres the question. He was unable to down load into my scanner. He tried different usb cable. Even pulled a new scanner programed it and tried to clone mine with no luck. Even though my scanner is old now It still looks new never misused and has never had a cable pluged into the PC port pryior to this. Any one out there have any advice as to what it could be. What little programing I've done seems to be working fine Tripple trunking working ok. Just lost and confused!!!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I would not be surprised if the problem is with the store's programming ability and not your scanner. RS typically uses ScanCat to program their scanners, and that program just does not work.

What I would do is get your own cable and software and program it yourself. If your computer has the older style COM ports you can use the COM version cable. But they are no longer sold new and you'll have to check the classifieds to find one. Otherwise you need 20-047 from RS for $35. I use WIN97 and recommend it highly; you can get it here (www.starrsoft.com). Also more info here.

N8IAA

Have you tried doing a re-initializing of the scanner? That is, resetting the scanner to factory default. Turn the radio on, when the main screen comes up, push 0, then 1, then ENT. It takes about 5 seconds to clear the scanner and reset it. M000 will appear on the screen. You will be able to reprogram the scanner how you want.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.