Pro 97 troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrowcounty

I hope someone out there can help me.

I had the scanner on all day on Sunday while I was around the house and it was working great. I turned it
off for about 2 hours while I watched TV and then turned it back on. When I did turn it back on, I was not picking up any channel.

I had a Pro-2055 in the other room and both scanner are set up with the same exact channel plan. When the Pro-2055 stopping on one of the talk groups of the local trunked network, the Pro-97 was still scanning.

Me thinking this was weird, put the Pro-97 into manuel mode and found the control channel on the trunked system. The scanner was getting a signal between 97-99%. I would usually get the motorola control channel noise, but no noise. I checked the volume and it was all the way up.

I next checked the local weather radio station by hitting the weather button, and all it was doing was scanning the 6 or 7 freq it has in there for the weather station. It was working fine on the Pro-2055. Both of the towers for the trunked system and weather station are about 1 mile from my house.

I still get the beeps when I hit a button on the radio, but no noise from any of the channels on the scanner.

Any one have a clue what is going on??? I have had this scanner for about 5 months with no problems but it was used for a short time before I received it.

Thank for all the help.

PS: I hope you can understand this. If you don't please ask and I will try to explain it more. Thank again.

n2mdk

Set the radio on any regular non trunked frequency and open the squelch fully. See if you get the open squelch static noise, if you don't I would have to think you have the semi-common squelch pot problem that happens on the Pro-97.
The one thing that I'm just not sure about is the fact the radio is displaying the CC decode percentage, no one with the problem has mentioned that was still displaying. I guess it would though since the squelch is more of an audio muting and stop on scanning problem.

morrowcounty

Set the radio on any regular non trunked frequency and open the squelch fully. See if you get the open squelch static noise, if you don't I would have to think you have the semi-common squelch pot problem that happens on the Pro-97.
The one thing that I'm just not sure about is the fact the radio is displaying the CC decode percentage, no one with the problem has mentioned that was still displaying. I guess it would though since the squelch is more of an audio muting and stop on scanning problem.

I opened the squelch fully and no noise.

I would have to think you have the semi-common squelch pot problem that happens on the Pro-97

Do you have any more information on this?? Never heard of it. Again, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.