Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoleman

Heck yea...

is $55.00 a good price for a pro97 with everything

If the scanner is in working order, jump all over that deal!:D

If you need digital, it won't handle that. And it is not reband capable. But it should handle everything else you might need.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
I've had a PRO 97 for several years and I like it. The light up key pad is very helpful. I use computer software to program it and that makes the job a LOT better. A quick way to check it; take 4 AA batteries with you in case they don't have the plug adapter, and after it powers up, hit the weather button. This should find the nearest NOAA ch and you will hear the weather report. This will let you know it receives and how the speaker sounds. For that price, you can't go wrong.

N8IAA

Hey sir, what do you mean by digital. What broadcasts digital? and what WILL pick up digital?
Do you mean Pro-Voice and stuff?
Digital usually means P-25 Phase I, EDACS that isn't ProVoice. Since there is no scanner that does decode ProVoice. If you would take a trip to the Wiki section on the main page, you can read all about it:)

Larry

StatuSChecKa

I copied. P-25 was an answer I was looking for.
I tried the Wiki but didnt know what to look for. I understood provoice is an encryption, but when you said 'digital' I took that as provoice and ect. was scannable.
Thanks.

jamesa53

No scanner on the market today can monitor EDACS ProVoice, its encrypted. Even if you could it is illegal to listen to encrypted transmissions. Digital transmissions can or cannot be encrypted. While ProVoice is digital, its also encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.