Pro 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDOG25

I live in new port richey florida and every time a call comes out of the scanner it is followed by several beeps is there a way to stop this I have a pro 97. Any help would be greatly apr. also any codes would be to. Thanx.

davidd2957

Posting in other Forums

Hey Edog...you might find better answers/suggestions if you post in the Florida Forum
AND the Radio Shack Scanner Forum.
Good Luck
David D.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You don't have it programmed correctly.

This thread is moved to the Radio Shack forum from the General Scanning forum so that someone can help him program for what is an apparent EDACS system.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I just went through this in another feed with a Motorola system. EDACS is modified as follows:

Storing known EDACS trunked frequencies
1. Press MANual, Press three digits to get the bank and channel number desired then press MANual again.
(Upper left should read Mxxx for your bank and channel number)
2. Navigate to channel 1 (not 0) using the Up/Down button.
3. Press PGM, (upper left should change from M to P)
4. Press TRUNK
5. Press MODE until EDACS is displayed.
6. Press PGM
7. Enter the frequency
8. Press Enter
9. If text is desired for the freq, Press TEXT. Use the numbered keys and text in up to 16 characters.
10. Press Enter
11. Repeat steps 6 through 10 until all frequencies and text (if used) are entered in selected bank. If text are not used, skip step 9 and 10.
Note: Your EDACS system should be channel 1 through channel 8

Storing known Talkgroup ID’s (in the same bank)
1. Press PGM
2. Press TRUNK
3. Enter the 4 digit DEC EDACS Id number (if AFS is used, use the (.) for the dash)
4. Press ENTER
5. Press TEXT
6. Using numbered keys, text in up to 16 characters.
7. Press ENTER
8. Press Up button
9. Repeat steps 3 through 8 until all are entered.

A 25 dollar cable from Radio Shack (20-047) and Win97 (also 25 bucks) from http://www.starrsoft.com/ will make programming much easier. You also have an EDACS system in neighboring CClearwater and a Motorola system (with a few digital TG's) in Pinellas County.

EDOG25

I have the cord.

Hey I'll try it later thanks for the help also I dont have a program to download the codes. I do now the pro 97 is free but it is kinda confusing to me. Thank's alot for the help.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
EDOG25 said:
Hey I'll try it later thanks for the help also I dont have a program to download the codes. I do now the pro 97 is free but it is kinda confusing to me. Thank's alot for the help.
Download codes? Pro 97 free? :confused: Do you mean Talkgroups and Web Import? If so, yes you can Web Import (download) the complete New Port Richey system into Win97 as mentioned in the last paragraph in my previous post. However, its not free. You will also need to subscribe to Radio Reference. To do this click on Your Account above then click Subscription Information Page, which will open a RR Wiki page on the subject. Notice the How to Subscribe section.

Your original issue was the several beeps after coms. Others suggested the scanner was programmed incorrectly. The directions in my previous post will correct this.

EDOG25

new qustion

hey I tryed to do what you said but i guess i'm pretty dum about this stuff I tryed to enter the codes like 858.83750 is this considered a edacs code or is it the afs I entered it right but the only thing is when I switch over to edacs after pressing mode there is two four digit #s that is ED: and ID# what is this spost to be set at. really any help about this would be great. thanks.

jeffrey420

EDOG25 said:
hey I tryed to do what you said but i guess i'm pretty dum about this stuff I tryed to enter the codes like 858.83750 is this considered a edacs code or is it the afs I entered it right but the only thing is when I switch over to edacs after pressing mode there is two four digit #s that is ED: and ID# what is this spost to be set at. really any help about this would be great. thanks.

I would read fmon's post again and try doing it again step by step.

Also you can use this link for reference: http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html

Status
Not open for further replies.