Pro Scan audio issues

cappy400

Hello, I am having recording/ audio issues.
Set up: Uniden SDS100, Newer Lenovo laptop.
I have the SDS100 connected to the laptop. I can hear audio thru the laptop speakers. I record the calls. When i play it back I cannot hear anything. I feel like I have tried everything, but apparently I am missing something.
I have the loop back activated, I see levels on both sides moving when speaking is going on. I see that the actual recording is on the computer hard drive. When i mimimize pros can, and watch a video from you tube I can hear the audio from the video. I go back to pro scan and try too listen to a recording and i hear nothing.
Frustrated!!!
I also have another SDS100 running on an older Toshiba laptop thru pro scan and it works perfectly. I cash hear audio and hear all my recordings. I set the new laptop up just like the older laptop and with their new laptop i cannot hear the recordings.
I do not know if this matters but the older laptop has a 3.5 Audi jack, the newer laptop does not. I had to get a sound adapted to plug the microphone cable to plug into.
Like I said, I can hear audio from the scanner great thru the laptop speakers, it is the recordings I cannot hear. Yes, I do have the recording button activated. Thank you for any help I could get.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
In Proscan, press the stop button on the recorder. Click Audio Control tab at top, select "Recorder" tab beneath it and make sure your input source device is set to the appropriate input otherwise you'll see the mp3 files but won't hear any audio on playback (or audio from another source if set erroneously)
1644497990728.png

Last edited:

cappy400

Thank you for your help. I did all of that and my input sound device is—“primary sound capture device”, my formst is “wav”. I can see the level meters going back and forth showing activity. I can hear audio from the scanner on my laptop speakers, but i cannot hear any recordings. I do not mean to stupid to you, so i apologize.

cappy400

I have found out that i can go into the file folder in pro scan on the hard drive and listen to the recorded audio thru windows media player. I cannot listen to the file on the pro scan program. I click the play button and the file will show playing but i cannot hear anything.
If i minimize the pro scan program , go into the hard drive where the audio files are stored in the pro scan folder, i can double click on the audio file and i can hear it thru windows media player.
It is odd to me that i cannot hear it while in the pro scan program.

cappy400

So i can hear the scanner audio on the laptop speakers thru the pro scan program, i can see the system i am monitoring on my laptop screen, i have found that it is recording with sound and saving the file to the hard drive. I can listen to the file thru the windows media player. In the pro scan program while it is up on the screen, i click on a recorded audio file (highlight it), push play, i see the file being played, but i cannot hear anything. That is odd to me. So everything is doing excellent except not being able to click on a recorded file in the program and hear it. Sorry to bother everyone that has tried to help me. Very much appreciate any and all the help that has been provided.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So i can hear the scanner audio on the laptop speakers thru the pro scan program, i can see the system i am monitoring on my laptop screen, i have found that it is recording with sound and saving the file to the hard drive. I can listen to the file thru the windows media player. In the pro scan program while it is up on the screen, i click on a recorded audio file (highlight it), push play, i see the file being played, but i cannot hear anything. That is odd to me. So everything is doing excellent except not being able to click on a recorded file in the program and hear it. Sorry to bother everyone that has tried to help me. Very much appreciate any and all the help that has been provided.
Did you reboot the computer?

cappy400

It says —pro scan Sds100–the volume control is all gray. It will not let me adjust it.
output device —speakers (Realtek audio)
Input device microphone (usb audio device)

note— in the volume mixer the other volume controls are blue, meaning I can adjust them.
for some reason the pro scan is all gray and will not let me adjust it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It says —pro scan Sds100–the volume control is all gray. It will not let me adjust it.
output device —speakers (Realtek audio)
Input device microphone (usb audio device)

note— in the volume mixer the other volume controls are blue, meaning I can adjust them.
for some reason the pro scan is all gray and will not let me adjust it.
Perhaps play an audio recording in ProScan then see if it shows enabled. Also click the drop down arrow(on the right side) to see additional settings.

cappy400

The drop down arrow shows:
Output device—speakers (Realtek audio)
Input device—microphone (usb audio device)
Microphone array (intel smart sound technology for digital microphone)

cappy400

When I close the pro scan program completely , then go back into volume mixer the pro scan program does not show up. I am restarting the laptop to try that.