pro106 settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
On pro 106 when you push pgm,func,f3 there is alot of settings there, was wondering if someone knew where to get info on what the settings are for, or is this something better off left alone??????

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im not sure that list of explanations is in the "Wiki" but on the RS web site under RS106 one of the explanations of the RS106 has that list included...Most of the info is somewhat difficult to understand unless your a scanner or radio tech....As you mentioned i have changed a couple of those "supermenu " items on information presented here on rr.com....

pathalogical

The majority of those function can be left as is. I agree with you, not much explanation of them, which would make the owners manual extremely thick. What would be nice though, if someone knew them quite well and could give examples of what to change or what effect it would have when scanning. I've changed some of them but didn't notice anything significant so I just set them back to default.

when you get into the -extended settings- your basically adjusting the way the radio recieves and monitors the tx's
some settings are for detecting the beginning and ending of a TX,others are for more detailed set up of the digital trunking,nac's(network access codes) ect,,
multi site modes,as well as mixed mode adjustments.

true,for the newer user they can be left most of the time.
but as you get more into the -hobby- you may find yourself in an ongoing quest to try to tweak the RX of your chosen systems for fun or just to see what teh diff is..

if your using an app like win500-arc500 ect have fun playing around,,just save your current file and youll have a solid back up for when you need it!

kel415

Premium Subscriber
ok found what I was asking about for the settings for the 106 & 500. it is in the wiki but can't find it. The way i found it was go to goolge type in subauddelay it will only bring up 3 or 4 files click on the one for gre prs 500 radio scanner. Now i see a few things in my pro106 that was not in the 500 log, go almost half way down to see it. I'm sure others know where it is in wiki and will post a short cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.