WS1065: Problem uploading scanlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgenoe2

Hello,
I am having trouble uploading frequencies into my WS1065 scanner. I have the ARC500 software and have downloaded frequencies from radiorefrence. If I'm doing this right they are all defaulted to scanlist 1. When I upload to scanner the green light on my cable flashes, the program says that the it has uploaded. My scanner doesn't beep or restart or anything. When I press scan it says nothing his enabled. If I press 1 it still says nothing is enabled. Am I doing something wrong? The screen on my scanner when I start the upload is on the main screen to create a new object.
Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am having trouble uploading frequencies into my WS1065 scanner. I have the ARC500 software and have downloaded frequencies from radiorefrence. If I'm doing this right they are all defaulted to scanlist 1. When I upload to scanner the green light on my cable flashes, the program says that the it has uploaded. My scanner doesn't beep or restart or anything. When I press scan it says nothing his enabled. If I press 1 it still says nothing is enabled. Am I doing something wrong? The screen on my scanner when I start the upload is on the main screen to create a new object.
Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck

Does the cable show up under COM in Device Manager on your computer? What COM port does it show? Is the software set to that COM port?

chgenoe2

The software shows USB/COM3. The cable is shown under USB converter. I'm not sure what to do to get the cable under COM3.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The software shows USB/COM3. The cable is shown under USB converter. I'm not sure what to do to get the cable under COM3.

I'm not familiar with that software so we'll hope that someone else will chime in. There should be somewhere in the software to select the COM port...at least most software has a place for it. Since I'm not familiar I may be speaking out of turn. Check the menus for something about COM port or something to test communications or setup communication with the scanner...

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Using Butel For A PSR-600 or Whistler Radio

I use the Butel software for both a PSR-500 and a -600 radio. I believe those are the equivalent of the Whistler radio you mention. When you want to up load frequencies, connect the cable to the radio, plug it in to the computer (you should hear a chime or something to let you know the computer 'sees' the cable) and then click on the 'Up Load To Radio' under the 'Scanner' drop down menu. It will ask you which Comm Port to use. Click on that and it should say 'Select Comm Port' or 'USB Comm Port3'. Select which ever named USB Comm Port it shows.

That should show you it has recognized the radio with the USB cable. Then just click 'Upload'.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
If the led is flashing the correct usb/com port is selected.
Doublecheck the objects are assigned to a scanlist. To do this click Scanlists Preview in the left pane. This will show if any objects are in SL1. Also the receiver should indictate that it is receiving data,

Gommert
Butel Software

chgenoe2

Hi Jim and Gommert,
The only option I have in the pull down on ARC500 software is USB/COM 3. In the preview all he objects are assigned to Scanlist 01. The scanner display does not change when the software is uploading it still shows the screen 'Press New to create new objects'. Nothing on the scanner itself flashes, but the little box on the cable has a green light that flashes when uploading. The scanner doesn't beep or restart after the upload is complete.

mike3809

Premium Subscriber
Having same problem

How did you resolve this?

I have completely went a built a new code plug thinking i had one corrupted or something and get the same thing.

I am using the ARC 500

Status
Not open for further replies.