Problems with pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenchurch1985

Premium Subscriber
i am trying to put digital trunking frequencies and frequencies with their own storage bank. so i can listen to what ever city that i want. is this possible? PLEASE HELP

n5ims

Please discribe in detail (with links to the associated agency/agencies from the RR database if possible) so we can help you. Your question is somewhat like asking if you can park your Ford truck in the mall parking lot. Somewhat different answers if your Ford is a compact pickup truck or an 18 wheeler or if your mall is a strip mall, one with a large flat parking lot, or one with a parking garage.

With the very limited information you provided, the answer is possibly yes and possibly no. If all of your cities have their own frequency or frequencies (or trunked radio systems) than it's probably fairly easy to put one city in one bank and another city in another bank. If multiple cities share a single system (especially one of those state wide systems), it's not so easy to have one city in one bank and another city in another bank.

I use the term "bank" since you did. With the 106 having an "object oriented memory system" the term "bank" really isn't a valid term for that scanner. We can better help you with this topic as well with more info on what you're trying to accomplish. If the goal is simply to know if you're hearing the city PD vs the county sheriff or Town A FD vs Town B FD folks can provide suggestions on how to accomplish that. If the goal is to only listen to town A when you're there and only listen to town B when you're over in that town, a different solution may be suggested.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
i am trying to put digital trunking frequencies and frequencies with their own storage bank. so i can listen to what ever city that i want. is this possible? PLEASE HELP

More Info would be helpful, but the answer to what I believe you are trying to do is yes. You can program all the Frequncies and talk groups in the scanner. These are called "objects", then assign them a "scan list". So you can have all of town "A" assigned to one scan list, or all fire on a scan list or whatever combination you want assigned to a scan list. You can even assign each object to multiple scan lists.You can have Digital, Analog or Talk group assigned to a scan list.
When you got to edit the object the first line is the scan list. Press "select" to assign it to that scan list, or arrow to the right to change. A "*" will be next to the scan list number when it is assigned to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.