program just talkgroups in fave

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

i want to program a bunch of dif tg from a statewide trunk sys .I tried that but it scans the whole sys with some tg showing in writing and some saying unknown tg .How do program so I scan just monitor the wanted talk groups .

freqs

ok I found id search turned it off now I didn't see anything about id scan .Please bare with me iam new to the computer age of programming.I may have not made my self clear enough .I want to program my state sys and only monitor a desired set of talkgroups with out monitoring the whole system .I appended all the talkgroups I wanted into a favorite it showed the talkgroups I wanted in writing and the ones I didn't want it showed as numbers .I hope I am making sense to you ..lol

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
ID scan is what you want to see. That will only scan the ID's you put in your favorites list. Turning off ID search should automatically enable ID scan. Which radio are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When you edit the Favorites List containing the System, go to the Options tab and look for a box that says "ID Search" you want that set to Off.

ID Search is a setting where the scanner is "searching" for talkgroups that may not be programmed. ID Search On is to discover new talkgroup IDs. When the scanner discovers a new or unprogrammed talkgroup ID, the number of the talkgroup are displayed where you would see an alpha tag displayed for a programmed talkgroup ID.

ID Search Off is where only programmed talkgroups are monitored.

So you need to confirm that ID Search is Off and then write the Favorites List to your scanner.

The term "ID Scan" (when contrasting it in context with ID Search) is a term that I think Uniden is trying to get away from. They are now emphasizing ID Search Off or ID Search On.

Us old-timers are used to the ID Scan term, when it basically means the scanner ain't ID Searching. Older model scanners (x96 era) used ID Scan or ID Search.

(If you have the electronic version of the manual for the 436, you'll see "ID Scan" is used mostly in a priority context).

freqs

Ok good deal that helps a lot thank you so much .So much has changed in this hobby in the 30 plus years of my love for this hobby .

Status
Not open for further replies.