Programing Project 25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
Need help programing Uniden BCD325P2. Can anyone assist me with programing New Orleans FD. In attempting to program NOFD into my BCD325P2 I have had no success I am sure it is probably something minor on my part, but I have had no problem programing other local agencies on Project 25 into my scanner using using Proscan software. I am a little confused using RR Database because it has NOFD listed under the Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) a Project 25 Phase I system for Orleans Parish using four control channels, but under Louisiana-Orleans Parish in RR it listed NOFD as a Project 25 Phase II system with 14 control channels. I have programed both sets Phase I and Phase II channels to no avail. I am new to programing and have only used control channels for programing omitting the blue frequencies. Also on NOFD Dispatch channel on both phase I and II when I manually hold on the dispatch channel I hear a beep beep beep and the other NOFD channels I don't hear the beeps not sure If that helps. Any help would be appreciated. Also when creating the NOFD system Project 25 is selected not Project 25 two frequency.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The New Orleans Simulcast site on LWIN has 4 control channel capable frequencies (Red). The old database used to show the primary control channel in red and the alternates in blue. Now, all of the control channel capable frequencies are shown in Red. They are the only ones you need to program for a site. All of the frequency information is carried on the control channel. Only one of the red frequencies will be used as the control channel at any time. The LWIN system type is P25 Standard. The LWIN system is P25 Phase 1. A system type of P25 Standard covers both P25 Phase 1 and P25 Phase 2. There is no difference in the programming. I suspect that the New Orleans.P25 Phase 2 system is now longer used because I know that NOPD is fully encrypted. Someone in your area can give you better info about that. The New Orleans P25 Phase 2 system is probably a Harris system where any frequency can be used as a control channel and they frequently rotate. That is why all 14 frequencies are red and need to be programmed. Once you have the system and site programmed, you need to create a group for Fire into which you place the fire talkgroups. Each fire talkgroup has both a talkgroup ID (TGID) and alpha tag (name). Use the TGID's in the DEC column in the database.

Last edited:

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response but I'm still attempting to hammer out the issue. On my scanner I have NOFD programed in a system and site using the four control channels along with both talkgroup ID's and alpha tags unable to get the FD however when I change my scan feature from ID scan to ID search I do get NOPD which is listed as encripted however the city opted to have it over the air instead but they are on the same system the NOFD is using. On the other hand I also have a second NOFD system and site programed with the talkgroups and alpha tags using the 14 frequencies (listed as the Phase II system) but get no traffic including when I change my scan feature from ID scan to ID search. All my group ID's and alpha tags are cut and paste from RR including the info. in DEC column.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you don't hear anything on the New Orleans Phase 2 system in ID Search, that is a good indication that the system is no longer used. Do you see a control channel frequency or NFM on the NO Phase 2 system? If you see NFM, the scanner may be having problems decoding the control channel or the system is no longer on the air. If you are getting clean audio on NOPD on LWIN, you should also hear NO Fire. If you attach your ProScan programming file, I can take a look at it and check for errors. Click on Attach files and Open the file.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Last I went to NOLA, police was full DE and fire was clear. Both on LWIN. I believe I was on site 1-1 and 2-1. The audio feeds are up showing the same thing. So those two are at least still accurate.

I never checked out the Phase 2 system in question so I don't have anything on it. However I do know that without an SDS series radio, you MAY have issues with simulcast sites. Also, can you receive other talkgroups on the south shore sites from your location??

It is possible there is not any fire units affiliating with the particular sites you can receive (north shore). Now if you went down into the city, you should obviously pick up these talkgroups provided simulcast distortion isn't messing with your radio.

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
Last I went to NOLA, police was full DE and fire was clear. Both on LWIN. I believe I was on site 1-1 and 2-1. The audio feeds are up showing the same thing. So those two are at least still accurate.

I never checked out the Phase 2 system in question so I don't have anything on it. However I do know that without an SDS series radio, you MAY have issues with simulcast sites. Also, can you receive other talkgroups on the south shore sites from your location??

It is possible there is not any fire units affiliating with the particular sites you can receive (north shore). Now if you went down into the city, you should obviously pick up these talkgroups provided simulcast distortion isn't messing with your radio.
Thanks for your response on the p25 system while in the city I do receive other agencies like NOPD in the ID search mode on those control channels and have no problem with Causeway PD and LSP Troop B on those control channels which assures me the control channels are working. Also while on the north shore I am aware that I have no signal strength bars for the N.O. control channels and I do have St. Tammnay controls channels programed for other agencies I monitor. I just can't get the FD to work while in the city. I cross reference NOFD traffic while listening to broadcastify on the phone.

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
If you don't hear anything on the New Orleans Phase 2 system in ID Search, that is a good indication that the system is no longer used. Do you see a control channel frequency or NFM on the NO Phase 2 system? If you see NFM, the scanner may be having problems decoding the control channel or the system is no longer on the air. If you are getting clean audio on NOPD on LWIN, you should also hear NO Fire. If you attach your ProScan programming file, I can take a look at it and check for errors. Click on Attach files and Open the file.

Attachments

• Uniden Tree B.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 15

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
Thanks tvengr: I made it into the City this morning once I was in reach of the control channel the FD came in clear. Thanks for the catch from HEX to DEC in programing.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
By the way, the phase 2 system for Orleans parish Nola, is a backup to lwin, so it's good to have that if lwin fails, (it very very very rarely does)

Status
Not open for further replies.