Programing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8FAS

I have two TSYS programed with different Freqs. I have the same TGRP programed into both TSYS. My ? is do I check scan list 1 and 2? For my conv. channels do I check scan list 1 and 2 or do I put them in a scan list of there own.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You can put conventional channels rite in with the same SList with the "trunk systems", it does not matter with RS/GRE scanners...Just make sure the "*"astrisk is in the corner when you choose a SL 1-2....

KC8FAS

astrisk? I dont remember seeing anything like this on Win500. I think I may have for gotten to say I was using win500.

kcoleman

Yes.... you can have conventional freqs and TRS in the same scanlist on the 500.

Not positive what your asking in the first part of your post. But as long as each TRS has its own list of associated TGRPs you should be just fine.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

mikey60

I really dont understand how the scan list work.

The radio can have up to 1852 scanable objects (if they are all conventional frequencies). Any of those objects may be placed in any (or all) of the 22 scan lists that are available in the scanner.

Think of a scan list as a group of objects (Conventional Frequencies, talkgroups, etc) that are similar in nature. You could use scan list 1 as Police, scan list 2 as Fire, and so on. You can then take all police talkgroups and conventional frequencies in the scanner and add them to scan list 1, and all fire frequencies and talkgroups and add them to scan list 2. It doesn't matter what type or system they are a part of.

You could also group them by city or area, and you could even create a "scan all" scan list by adding all of the objects into a single scan list in addition to the ones listed above.

On my scanner, I have the 8CALL and 8TAC frequencies as members of almost all of my scan lists. I only had to enter them in the scanner once, but they were added to multiple scan lists, so if any of those are enabled, I get those frequencies.

Once you have the scan lists set up, the operation of the scanner is similar to the older banked scanners where you turn a scan list on by pressing the corresponding number, or for scan lists 11-20, pressing the FUNC key and then the number if the ones place.

Mike

kcoleman

Yes... the scanlist are much more flexible as compared to the older bank/channel system.

With the scanlist, lets say you have 25 frequencies for railroad and you want them all together. Then that is how big your railroad scanlist is. If the next scanlist is for aircraft and you need to input 150 frequencies, then that is how big the aircraft scanlist is.

You are no longer held to using 25 channels in a bank with 75 empty slots (assuming 100 channel banks) and conversely using a bank and half another bank for the 150 aircraft freqs.

And like mikey60 said if you have favorite frequencies that you might use in multiple scanlist, you would only need to enter that frequency information once and associate it with as many scanlist as you'd like.

I think once you get the hang of how it works, you'll wonder how you operated without it.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.