programmers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Rayjk110 said:
Uh oh

Here comes the old farts out of the wood work to ***** and complain about it again.....I can almost smell them.

Agreed, This topic should be locked and only Lando and whoever the programmer should deal with this themselves. Enough is enough.

landonjensen

i had made a work document with all the freqs in it as you can see. I then tried to send it to RESCUE161 but you cannot send documents in PM's, so i had to post it on here.

Quickcall said:
Agreed, This topic should be locked and only Lando and whoever the programmer should deal with this themselves. Enough is enough.

KE4ASQ

AZScanner said:
Next best thing? How about a ham ticket? Or maybe his interest in public safety radio will lead to a career as a 9-1-1 operator / dispatcher, and maybe he'll save someone's life someday.

Or maybe he'll get fed up with stuffy old hams who think amateur radio is "a good ol' boys club where snot nosed kids ain't welcome" and then he probably will get a transceiver and raise hell. I knew a kid growing up that did just that because his dad spent more time with his ham radio collection than he did with the kid - so the kid, wanting to get back at his dad, used the radios to raise hell on the public safety bands. If I recall correctly, the dad not only got to bail his kid out of jail and pay lots of fines on his behalf, he lost his ticket and his ham radios too.

All I'm saying is that maybe if he'd get less grief and more help from the hams on this board he'll be less inclined to do anything nasty to you guys. Make sense?

-AZ
If that was my kid who did that, Well I can't state what would happen.

KE4ASQ

Rayjk110 said:
I think it's cool that he's interested in REAL radios and not some POS Icom, yeasu or the like with front end overload and a cheapass feel. And you want him to stick with crappy FRS radios? ****. He has a license for GMRS, not little kiddy FRS crap that he's too old to be dicking around with anyhow.

I think it's absolutley hilarious that you guys feel this way about him. The 'group' on the motorola schaumburg ham system was havaing a huge laugh about this today as they read here too and I just *had* to jump in and agree. Waaaay to many people here who act like "know it all professionals" just because they're some retired security guard or ares/react whackers..

good times
I resemble that remark!!! *Laughs* I like that one, Ray. Is a daily dose of laughter here.

KE4ASQ

hotdjdave said:
Like I wrote in another thread (Poll: How Long Have You Been Into Radio Communications?), when I was about his age (a little younger), I was taking the crystals out of my handheld CB radios and mix-matching the pairs to create different TX/RX combos.

If you actually read what Landon has written (posted) in this thread, he is a scout (I am assuming a Boy Scout or maybe an Explorer Scout) and his troop uses GMRS (FRS) on camping trips; and for the RX, all he wants is FIRE (not police). He never once wrote that he wanted to TX on any unauthorized frequencies. As for the GMRS (lic req), I think he, as many other people do, is confusing it with FRS (no lic req) - or maybe he and/or his scout troop has a license.

When I was a Boy Scout on a camping trip, I would have liked to have been able to hear the fire dept or rangers. When I was an LAPD Explorer Scout, I wanted to hear the police frequencies (although, we had our own police radios).

When I was in the Civil Air Patrol (CAP), we tweaked our own radios to get the freqs we wanted or to hit our repeaters.

I had my own scanner back when I was about his age. When I was a kid, if I had the money, I would have probably wanted the exact same thing he is asking for - a radio that I could transmit on to talk to others in my group and be able to hear (RX) the police/fire, etc. I always dreamed of having a scanner and a radio all in one unit...then I bought my iCOM W2A that does just that (but it's a very delicate radio).

I wonder if any of you naysayers ever tinkered with a radio (when you were a kid or even now) and made it do things that weren't quite "conventional" or took apart things to see how they worked and tried out new things. "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

I think some here belong to the group called the Cynics who follow the philosophy of Cynicism - Antisthenes would have loved you guys.

Landon, if I had the equipment, I would do what I could to help you out (within the law), but I don't...hope you find what you seek.

I was a Boy Scout and a CAP member also, I love to tinker and tear electronics apart, My dad was a cop and my 2 adopted brothers are cops now. So I always had radios around me, But that just meant if I messed with them wrongly, I knew my jailer. LOL

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This has gone on too long as it is.

Landon, get with whoever you have lined up to help you with this either via email or PM, but don't start another thread for this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.