Programming ARMER frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

alholk

How do I program my scanner manually to enter frequencies in ARMER format. I know how to enter the old format but am kind of lost as to what I need to enter as far as the new stuff. I did find the numbers for some of the channels but still kind of out of the loop. Thanks!

alholk

Can you tell me some that will work and a general price range? Just a bummer as wife bought this one and has never been able to be used.

blue5011

Can you tell me some that will work and a general price range?

I use Uniden 996XT's. That model has been replaced by a newer version, not quite sure of the model number. The 996Xt was $499 new, now the used price is anywhere from $250-$400.

Freescan can be used to set the talkgroups and control the scanner.

I know folks who have a Home Patrol, GRE, or Radio Shack scanners. While they will receive MN ARMER, I have found those scanners very difficult to program.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden 996XT or its portable sibling 396XT would be a good scanner. Unfortunately they are no longer in production, having been replaced by the 996P2 and 325P2.

Also programming them for the ARMER system may be a little more challenging. That's because there are certain limitations on the number of groups. This can be overcome with time and patience.

My suggestion is a Home Patrol 1 or 2. There is a minor amount of programming, mostly updating the database in the beginning. After that, you enter your zipcode and can be running. There is some advanced programming (creating Favorites Lists) for this scanner, but only if you want to refine what you are monitoring.

blue5011

"My suggestion is a Home Patrol 1 or 2"

I would not recommend a Home Patrol 1 or 2 to anyone as a first time scanner.

The UI (user interface) is clumsy at best, and the Sentinel software is poorly laid out, in my opinion.

I just bought a Uniden BCD996P2, bought my subscription to RR, went through FreeScan, and programmed my scanner with the 8 frequencies listed for the simulcast I am attempting to listen to for the SW Hennepin/NE Carver County area. Can someone tell me what I need to do to be able to program this thing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.