Programming for Alamance County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmf363

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post, but I was hoping that someone local might have some tips as I have limited experience programming, but have been doing quite a bit of research.

I received the Uniden BCD536HP for Christmas and was working on programming it with the Sentinel software. I am trying to receive the Mebane PD, EMS, Fire dispatch which my understanding all comes through C Com on the Viper System.

I used the Home Patrol (zip code) feature on the unit and lowered the range to 5 miles to try to pick these transmissions up, but I am not able to pick up the Mebane PD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quantar22

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post, but I was hoping that someone local might have some tips as I have limited experience programming, but have been doing quite a bit of research.

I received the Uniden BCD536HP for Christmas and was working on programming it with the Sentinel software. I am trying to receive the Mebane PD, EMS, Fire dispatch which my understanding all comes through C Com on the Viper System.

I used the Home Patrol (zip code) feature on the unit and lowered the range to 5 miles to try to pick these transmissions up, but I am not able to pick up the Mebane PD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there are no units affiliated to the Mebane PD talk group on the tower(s) you are listening to then you will not hear anything. You need to be sure you have all towers in your county to be sure you hear them. Start with the Mebane tower site, Altamahaw, and Cane Mountain. Those should get you everything in your county and then some. Be sure you have those towers in there if the software allows that capability.

jmf363

Thanks both for your help.

I was able to make some progress and am receiving the communications for the county (including Mebane PD) through the Home Patrol function. By doing it this way I am picking up a lot of other agency's traffic that I do not really need.

I tried to set up a Favorite that included just Mebane PD, Fire, EMS, Alamance Sheriff, and Orange Sheriff.

I chose those through the sentinel and loaded it to the scanner.
Then chose that as the favorite to scan on the unit, but it tells me there is nothing to scan.

I figure I must have not selected something correctly in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.