Programming help w/ Trunked system Pro-528

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmyn

Hi, I'm new to scanners and frequencies. I can't get my town's frequency added on my PRO 528. I'm trying to add the Fremont Police Frequency (Alameda county California). I want to listen to their main channel and their back up channel: 30736 & 30768. They run a Motorola type II trunked system. Can anyone offer some help as to how I can listen? I currently have them saved under "Prog id" in bank1 channel 1 & 2 but I cant listen to the channels. When I hit search after I program it only runs thru frequencies in this format xx.0000. Help please!

Gilly1980

As long as you program all the frequencies listed under "System Frequencies" it should work after you press Search. I don't know the difference between the "Wide" and "Local" frequencies listed. I monitor a similar system (Lenoir County, NC) and it shows the frequencies while it is trunking, but displays the talkgroup ID when there is a transmission. Does this answer your question?

bobmintern

Are you hearing any traffic on just the frequencies as they scan by? Try just taking the scanner out of trunking mode to make sure you have the correct channels entered. You might have the wrong version of trunking selected from the programming menu too.

Status
Not open for further replies.