BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

a23051coug

I am trying to program my 436 using Sentinel as well as the scanner by zip code. Is there a way to send someone my favorites list and have someone take a look at it. Just when I think I have it figured out, something goes wrong. Not receiving our state trunking sytem in South Dakota. I'm at wits end. I'm not the sharpest person and the threads I have read are over my head or it maybe from lack of sleep trying to figure this out. Thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Favorites List could be exported as an HPE file using Sentinel. Then that HPE file could be posted here for others to look at.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
How do it post the hpe file here. Sorry for dumb questions.

As usual the RR.com Wiki has the info you need...here is a step by step
guide to exporting a favorites list so it can be shared:
Importing and Exporting Sentinel .hpe Files - The RadioReference Wiki

The guide was written with the original HP-1 version of Sentinel in mind but the process is the same in the x36HP version of Sentinel.

Once exported then zip up the hpe file then attach it to a post.
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Below the current message window click "Go Advanced." On the ensuing page, below the text entry window section, there is an "Additional Options" section with a "Manage Attachments" button. Use the button.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's a little daunting in the beginning and I'm still struggling with it.

But here's what I did, and if you get a sample attachment (F00 Jefferson County.zip), it worked.

Go to the Advanced tab of the reply section.

Go down to Manage Attachments.

Go to the Browse button and click it. Find that zipped file you made. Highlight and click Open.

Then back in the Manage Attachments window, click Upload.

Close that window.

Back in the Message window, click the paperclip icon and you'll see a dropdown. Click on the zipped file.

Hopefully that works.

View attachment 45939

Last edited:

a23051coug

Favorite list zip

Current zip if it works

Attachments

• howard.hpe 2.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
  • kingsbury.zip
    3 KB · Views: 13
  • lake county.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 13
  • sanborn county.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 10

a23051coug

I have been doing a close call search as well as favorites list scan using location with 30 mile radius as we live out in the middle of no where. I am in law enforcement so I've been keying my radio. I discovered that the state digital comes in on my close calls at 460.2875 ctcss82.5, 151.2200 NFM P25 Nac 0A0H and 151.28000 nfm P25 Nac 0A0H but not on my original favorites list that I pulled from Sentinel. Not sure why that is and don't understand the setup.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
See if the attached file does you any good. I attempted to use it with a zipcode of 57042 and it ran through some of the sites. (You'll save the HPE file after unzipping to some location on your computer, then import it into Sentinel).

It has a Favorites List Quick key of 99 and has been set to location control. That was so it would avoid sites too far away.

If it works, you can edit as desired. Then I recommend getting into your Howard, Lake and Sanborn Favorites List files and deleting the South Dakota State Radio Systems from these FLs. Then, since Kingsbury is in the F99 SD State Radio System FL, I'd delete the Kingsbury FL.

If you aren't receiving any sites, you might try bumping up the range value in your scanner and see if more sites are "pulled in".

You might want to give the other Favorites Lists their own quick key so you can turn them off. That way you won't be attempting to scan some sites multiple times.

View attachment 45944

Best I can tell, that 460.2875 is a mobile extender frequency. So you must have been pretty close to some unit when you received that. I'm thinking all that does is repeat what is heard on the state system in a very limited area.

Last edited:

a23051coug

Thanks ofd8001 for all the time you put in for me. I'm still having no luck receiving South Dakota Digital trunked system not even our local digital channel. Only receiving our convt. channel. I've do a full restore,changed ranges, entered my zip code, and tried several other twicks. Is it possible I over twicked since I really don't understand the scanner and sentinel or could it be a antenna issue. I live outside, Howard,SD and our nearest State tower is about 30 miles away. It's frustrating since a old RS scanner is picking everything up. Could it be an antenna issue. I've followed the instructions for both the scanner and sentinel, watched the youtube videos and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.