programming pro 2055 with RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnasa

hello sorry to ask but i just dont know i am a member of radio referance and i bought the pro 2055 and have the cable and scancat demo but how can i program my radio for the nyc frequiences from RR how can it be done can anyone tell me how ? thanks

DELCOLHFC

Try Win97

I don't know about "scancat" but you can download Don Star's Win97 from www.starrsoft.com it has a free trial period and has worked very well for several users of this forum. Win97 will allow you to simply point and click to load systems into your Pro-97.

DELCOLHFC

Sorry I forgot to mention that the 2055 and 97 are basically the same radio and both can be programmed with Win97. Which cable do you have, there are a few different ones floating around and one of the ones RS sells does not work(it's black I think). The gray one from RS does work (cat # 20-289) and the new usb cable also will work.
I'm not sure after reading your last response if you are asking me how to use the scancat or how to go about getting Win97........

usnasa

first off thanks for helping ,i have the new usb cable and i guess it really does not matter what software i use i just wanted to know how to go about programming my radio from the frequiences listed on this site RR can it be done and how so i dont need to add them using the keypad thanks again for the help

Last edited:

KE5BCP

Analog Man
If you wish to be able to import the information from RadioReference.com, download the free trial of Win97.

After installing it, run it.

File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > (Choose Trunked or Conventional)

DELCOLHFC

Give it a free test drive!

I can only offer help with Win97 and it is very simple once you download the program. The latest version includes a direct web import feature that will allow you as a contributing member of RR to directly load the frequencies, systems and talkgroups of your choice into whatever bank or channel you wish. It is really just a matter of clicking on the "file" tab then go down to "web import" which takes you to RR then just follow along with the chosen screen prompts from there. Using this program I have successfully built files that cover 4 states and about 12 countie's fire/rescue systems in less than 30 minutes. And you can build as many files (complete scanner loads) as you may need or want for traveling.

DELCOLHFC

You are welcome and good luck! I programmed my Pro-96 by hand when I first got it, then I tried Win96 and was instantly sold on it, when I later bought my Pro-97 and 2055 the first thing I did when I got home was to download Win97 for them.

Let us know how it goes.............

jeffrey420

Agree 100%

DELCOLHFC said:
You are welcome and good luck! I programmed my Pro-96 by hand when I first got it, then I tried Win96 and was instantly sold on it, when I later bought my Pro-97 and 2055 the first thing I did when I got home was to download Win97 for them.

Let us know how it goes.............

I went the other direction with getting PRO-97 first. Then when I got the PRO-2096 I found
Win96. In short I agree 100%! Save the wear and tear on the buttons for the needed ops.

brucewarming

Alot of these software programs have a "read me" text file or "Help" section, Not a bad Idea to get the most out of the software by reading these!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Also, if you are using it to download conventional freqs, you need your screen resolution for atleast 1024x768 to see the "Import Selected Channels" button. It's in a different spot that if you are downloading trunked systems.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
usnasa said:
can you put them in order of your choice too ?

After you download (or enter) the info into win97, you can move any item to whatever spot you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.