• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming services wanted Smartzone II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

I'm looking for someone to program an older MT8000 for a Motorola Type II SmartZone system.

I have all the information I can provide for programming on this system, it's just that my special laptop has finally died and took all it's RSS with it.

I am looking to have this radio programmed with the A-B-C switch swapping between 3 sets of 16 talkgroups. Something along the lines of having my Fire & EMS talkgroups on A, Law Enforcement on B, and the top 8 of each of those on C.

Basically I'm looking to use this as a scanner.

If you've got the skillset to help me out with this, please PM me

SCPD

QRT
What system do you want programmed?
you might want to watch out for the radio police. They will pull you over in this thread, issue you a ticket and confiscate your radio.
They will also attempt to scare you out of programming a trunking system into a radio.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And even if you find someone foolish enough to help you, then the countdown starts until your radio is bricked due to having a unauthorized RID on the system.

If you are an authorized user on the system you should have no problem taking your radio to the radio programming dept or commercial vendor in charge of programming radios for your agency.

So of course the question is: why are you asking for help here instead of going through the proper channels? Could it possibly be you are not not authorized to have a radio on the system in the first place? Hmmm....

Marshall KE4ZNR

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Here we go again....

To the OP, I suggest you venture over to the Batboard, Batboard • Index page and start reading up on the subject. Everything you need to know is over there if you are not authorized user of the system. As you can see no one here will help you with this. You will have to learn it on your own if you want to do it.

And just to address some of the points made above..normal system keys can be made rather simply by reading the instructions on batboard. Also if programmed properly you will not ever have to worry about having a unauthorized radio ID on the system because your radio will not be on the system, it will just passively monitor the system like a scanner does.

ILMRadioMan

Indeed, properly programmed radios can passively monitor the system, with no interference.

Improperly programmed radios can not only impede proper operation of OTHER (authorized) radios on the system, they can let sys admins know where you are.

Just keep in mind, while MANY people program trunked systems into their radios to monitor the system passively, by successfully programming the trunked system into a radio, you have broken intellectual property laws, and possibly other laws that have been passed.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I've been waiting. No more badges! You get the whole SAPS car now!

RRPDCAR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.