SDRTrunk Programming T3 DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5pwp

I've just popped back into the SDRTrunk world and I find it seems to be much easier to use than it was when I first started. OK, I'm running
SDRTrunk 5a4.
I'm setting up a T3 system
Texas Bigfoot Communications (Tier 3).

I set up the Playlist editor using the info on this page. Nothing seems to ever come up in the Events tab. I used DSD+ monitoring one of the CC and there's activity but not on any of the channels listed in the table on the RR page. I'm attaching screen grabs to show what I'm seeing. I noticed in the DSD+ Event log "Emerg Enc OVCM Group Call". It looks like it is encrypted but DSD+ passes the audio just fine. Could it be that DMR on the latest SDRTrunk is being tripped up by that? I put the CC in the Source section and then entered all of the frequencies into the DMR Decoder LSN table (I couldn't expand the tab to show that all 8 frequencies are in the table). It doesn't look like SDTrunk requires the LCN designations, only the LSNs. I would 'assume' that since it doesn't call for the LCNs that SDRTrunk will display any channel that goes active on that system. Am I assuming incorrectly? I know DMR hasn't been available in SDRTrunk for long. Maybe I've stumbled across a limitation in its' current incarnation? P25 p1/2 works like a champ for me. I'd like to get the DMR working also. Thanks for any direction you've got if you've already stumbled through this and has it figured out.

MikeSDRTrunk_Decoder TXBFT3.PNGSDRTrunk Source TXBFT3.PNGDMR_DSDplus TXBF.PNG

n5pwp

I've done some more Googling and it appears RAS is Restricted Access System. Some folks postulate that DSD+ gets around RAS by ignoring any checksum errors that most radios respect. So, I guess Denny is abiding by the rules and DSD+ is not. So I guess if I want to listen to TX Bigfoot I'll have to do it with DSD+. Set me straight if my research and conclusions are wrong. Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.