• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Programming troubles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineCo8

KQ4CUD
So, I'm definitely trying my best to figure this out, and thought I was doing ok with it....but maybe not so much. So, as some of you may know I acquired an XTS5000 m1 VHF from the ebay and came up with a list of what I wanted programmed on to it. Took it to a radio shop and had it programmed (because at the time I thought the software was only available for a fee from Motorola). Took em about an hour....and cost more than I'd like to admit. Well, they finished it up, and I got it home and it worked with my simplex channels, but not any of the repeaters. After reviewing the PDF of the codeplug they programmed the in/outputs of the repeaters backwards (put the input to the radio rx and output to the radio tx). I contacted them and they said they could fix it, but it'd cost me because the they programmed it to what my list said. So I began doing more research and discovered that the Astro25 software was free for download (from the official Motorola website, I did have to call and have my account fixed and reestablished since it's been a few years since I downloaded CPS software). I downloaded the software, borrowed a cable from work (yes the guy in charge of our radio shop approved my borrowing it), and fixed the frequencies. And BAM it worked.....however.....when I pressed the PTT button, it emitted a long beep before it allowed transmission, I didn't particularly want that and originally thought that it was not connecting, so I began my research into the issue. I discovered on a thread here that it was a setting in the MDC tree on the CPS, turned it off and no more beep....but also no more tx to my repeaters. Simplex frequencies still works fine however. What did I do wrong? I have the original copy of the codeplug (that they put onto the radio to begin with) and before I mess with anything again, I feel I should seek guidance on what I need to do.

a417

Do the repeaters require MDC (or other signalling) for access? You need to find the input criteria, and make sure that it matches what you are sending out.

mbnv992

Contact the owner of said repeater and find out the exact programming parameters needed ( ie - TX / RX PL/DPL tones, etc etc ). Double and tripped check that, as well as that you have the correct offsets as well.

EngineCo8

KQ4CUD
Contact the owner of said repeater and find out the exact programming parameters needed ( ie - TX / RX PL/DPL tones, etc etc ). Double and tripped check that, as well as that you have the correct offsets as well.

I did send an email to them for further verification (after reading this). Waiting for a reply. Thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.