• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming VX-3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2EQ

I have a 128 channel Vertex VX-3200 that came with CE52 Version 4.85 programming software. Have the software on a Windows 7 machine and it will read and program the radio.

My problem is that the radio came with only one channel programmed (CH 1) and I was able to change the TX and RX frequencies and even add a PL code. I tried to add additional channels and did go into the group 1 settings and changed the number of channels from one to five. The basic screen does now show channels 1-5, with channel one retaining what I had changed . 2-5 are all showing "450.00" for frequencies but I can not change the numbers. What other changes do I have to make so I can enter the data in channels 2-5?

John/KC2EQ
Elmira NY

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sounds like the software is in demo mode. You may need to enter a key to allow It to let yoiu program more than one channel. Talk to who ever you got the radio from.

RodStrong

Are channels 2-5 grayed out? I might be getting my models confused, but you have to scroll to the line in question and hit the space key or enter to open those up for editing. I unfortunately don't have my software handy to confirm. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll dig into it further.

Good radio by the way.

yarseno

Double click on the channel number on the left or click it once then hit the space bar...it should open for edit....

kd5ppb

You will probably have to click "Group" and select GRP 1 then enter the # of channels you are wanting.... Without doing this you will only see the # of channels that are listed (ex. if under GRP 1 you only have 3, then you will only see 3 channels in your basic programming).

I am a Vertex Standard dealer, if you have any other questions just shoot them my way and I will do the best I can on helping you find the answer.

I'm looking for older VX3200 conventional software - I have a customer who wants the 2 meter ham band put into his 3200 but my software limits me to 148-173MHz only.

Status
Not open for further replies.