Proscan between scanner models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sausage1000

Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded frequencies from a bcd396xt, and wish to upload to bcd436hp. I have read that you need to copy the list to change models. I have no idea how to do this. I bought Proscan due to the ability to do this. Freescan won't. Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded frequencies from a bcd396xt, and wish to upload to bcd436hp. I have read that you need to copy the list to change models. I have no idea how to do this. I bought Proscan due to the ability to do this. Freescan won't. Thanks!

First thing you want to do is make another instance of ProScan for the BCD436HP. To do that, copy an existing ProScan folder to a new folder then change the folder name. Run ProScan in the new folder then change the scanner type to BCD436HP and set any other options pertaining to that instance.

This post should help. When you see "BCD996P2" think of the BCD396XT and same with when you see "BCD536HP" think of the BCD436HP.

sausage1000

Premium Subscriber
I am now trying to upload bcd436 files to bcd396xt. I have ProScan open for 436, saved the file, left that session open and opened another session of ProScan for the 396. If I try to open a database file, and select the one from the 436, it will not open so I can upload it the the 396. I have been working quite a while on this and am doing something wrong. Please let me know where I get off track....Thanks!!!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am now trying to upload bcd436 files to bcd396xt.
If I try to open a database file, and select the one from the 436, it will not open so I can upload it the the 396.
The favorites database file has to be imported. It won't open directly.
Before it can be imported, open an existing 396XT database file or create a new file.
After that, go to the menu Database -> Import -> Sentinel hpd (Favorites) & hpe Files.
The open file dialog will pop up. Navigate to where the favorites are stored then select one of them.
Another dialog will come up showing the systems. Click the Import button.

sausage1000

Premium Subscriber
I believe that I am not saving the 436 file correctly so I can find it to import. Looks like I need a little help there. How do I properly do that so I can fine it??.........Please be patient with me.........This is bugging me to death! I am using ProScan so I can move files between scanner models.....I have several of both models.......Thanks!!!!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the 436 instance, the Favorites Editor in the caption area shows the location. If you want to save it to another location then click on Save As.

Take a look at the 3rd image. The favorites filenames are in this format f_00000x.hpd

On the 396XT instance like this. After a 396XT file is opened or created.

sausage1000

Premium Subscriber
As they would say on Myth Busters, "Well theirs your problem".......With your help, I got my head out of where the sun don't shine and got it working.......(the scanner not my head!!!!)......Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.