ProScan - Hits & Duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4SRN

Premium Subscriber
I’ve let my SDS200 run a few days with a county PD/FD list here in Southern NH’s Hillsborough county. Top on the hits list are nearby PDs, with Goffstown leading at 4883 hits and 2:22:12 duration, followed by Bedford at 3001 hit and 2:51:14 duration. My home is in the NW corner of Bedford, near the Goffstown border.

While Bedford PD is closer (1-1/4mi vs 3mi) and has a taller antenna tower, I get more hits from Goffstown. RSSI Goffstown is -60 and Bedford -130. Does Goffstown just have more watts out? Bedford has fewer Hits but longer Duration - does Goffstown just talk less?

5D4B5C79-DD7A-4E55-8CEE-4AA4AFBA397E.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anything below -100 RSSI is a pretty weak signal, so keep that in mind.

I've reported this thread as being more of a local NH issue vs a ProScan issue, so one of the moderators will likely move it to the NH forum at some point.

N4SRN

Premium Subscriber
Anything below -100 RSSI is a pretty weak signal, so keep that in mind.

I've reported this thread as being more of a local NH issue vs a ProScan issue, so one of the moderators will likely move it to the NH forum at some point.

OK - thanks!

I see that RSSI appears to bounce between -60dB and -130dB for Bedford PD, so my screen capture might have been misleading.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Also remember that Goffstown has a repeater on South Uncanoonuc, so it's got quite some elevation to it too.

N4SRN

Premium Subscriber
Also remember that Goffstown has a repeater on South Uncanoonuc, so it's got quite some elevation to it too.
Oh, ho! That would make a difference. Does the Hillsborough County Sherriff use that repeater too?

I drove by the Goffstown PD, with Hillsborough Sherriff across the street, yesterday and thought their antenna tower was pretty mediocre.

N4SRN

Premium Subscriber
I saw some tower sections on the ground outside the Goffstown PD when I passed by on my bicycle today - bright, shines, new sections. I dunno if they are replacing the old tower or adding a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.