Proscan SDS200 LAN Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Is there a way to pipe the sds200 thru a LAN...or is that only on the bcd 536?. Trying to figure out if its necessary to connect an audio cable from the scanner to the computer, or not.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I've gone thru the setup, and can get the data side working, but not the audio. When I start the web server, I am getting: WI-FI or Ethernet audio not connected to scanner.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I've gone thru the setup, and can get the data side working, but not the audio. When I start the web server, I am getting: WI-FI or Ethernet audio not connected to scanner.
Sometimes to get a audio connection you have to cycle the power on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Make sure you set up the audio and it has to be set to URL in each Source client, web server, and RSOIP if you are using them
1c5f7eaeac6de3080f944163f6b36f22.jpg

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Done that....and can start the RSOIP server, but not the web server, or source client. I see TCP NOT CONNECTED, and UDP NOT CONNECTED in Red for the url setup. Connnected ok to port 554 in each instance.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Done that....and can start the RSOIP server, but not the web server, or source client. I see TCP NOT CONNECTED, and UDP NOT CONNECTED in Red for the url setup. Connnected ok to port 554 in each instance.
You can't have audio on RSOIP if TCP and UDP are not connected. You did select URL in each tab right?

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
yes, url on all of the them. still get "WIFI or Ethernet audio not connected to scanner" message

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
If you go through the tutorials on the Proscan site, you should be able to identify success (or failure) after each step. Go through the steps, and tell us which step doesn't work. Then the problem can be resolved.

What eaf1956 just showed is THE key confirmation step. If you don't see all that data filled in, stop there, and figure it out...that is your problem.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The only time I had TCP/UDP not connect a power cycle of the scanner corrected the issue. Unless I had an error in the IP which is why I really like the IP Search in Proscan. And you only have to click (in my case) on the correct scanner.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Followed the steps on proscan.org, and still get WIFI or Ethernet audio not connected to scanner" message. Here is what I am seeing in the audio setup section.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Followed the steps on proscan.org, and still get WIFI or Ethernet audio not connected to scanner" message. Here is what I am seeing in the audio setup section.
proscan.jpg

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You're not connecting anything else to the scanners audio output from LAN are you? By anything I mean like VLC player or the RH utility.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If all else fails try setting the computer to DMZ to bypass all the firewalls in your router. I do this sometimes when I can't figure out what the problem is. If that works then you know it an issue with the router.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Turned off the firewall, and antivirus....also put the computer into DMZ zone....also update firmware to latest version, and still get the same result. TCP, and UDP not connected for error.

Status
Not open for further replies.