ProScan: What's the default SDS200 port?

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm on my LAN trying to access my SDS200 that's on the same /24 subnet. I can ping it. Using ProScan, I can access the scanners all over the US but no the one on my LAN. I thought the SDS200 port was 5000 but no luck. What is the SDS200 default port?

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
There is no default port for the SDS200. You have to setup the port by following the instructions within ProScan. 5000 is just the example port, but alot of people use it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm on my LAN trying to access my SDS200 that's on the same /24 subnet. I can ping it. Using ProScan, I can access the scanners all over the US but no the one on my LAN. I thought the SDS200 port was 5000 but no luck. What is the SDS200 default port?
When using the ProScan webserver, the port is initially set by the software to port 5000...

For a connection to the ProScan server with a web browser on your LAN, use the local IP address of the computer that ProScan is running on (not the IP address of the scanner), and the port number as shown in ProScan which you can customize...

1715103489939.png

N1GTL

Database Admin
I may not have explained it right. My SDS200 is plugged into my LAN. I am not running ProScan as a server, I'm running it as a client.

I want to access my scanner from outside my house and I need to know what port to forward to. The IP is 192.168.1.210 locally.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I may not have explained it right. My SDS200 is plugged into my LAN. I am not running ProScan as a server, I'm running it as a client.

I want to access my scanner from outside my house and I need to know what port to forward to. The IP is 192.168.1.210 locally.

Which of the following are you trying to achive?

1) Using the Uniden mobile app or a web browser to connect directly to the scanner without ProScan involved.
or
2) ProScan connected to the scanner and the outside connected to ProScan.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I was hoping to plug my scanner into my network and access it from outside my home. I was not going to involve a computer inside my home. I thought I could point to my external IP and forward to the scanner, only using ProScan.

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was hoping to plug my scanner into my network and access it from outside my home. I was not going to involve a computer inside my home. I thought I could point to my external IP and forward to the scanner, only using ProScan.
The scanner has no built in web server software to do what you want to do.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The scanner has no built in web server software to do what you want to do.
It does but it's not functional. Type in your scanner ip address in a browser. I type in 192.168.4.23 and get back I am scanner called UB375Z.

Off subject but I think the built in Web Server potential is limitless. Only if Uniden wanted to pursue development in this area. A page served with all the variables and user created HTML/JavaScript/CSS files.

Last edited: