provincal

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe3560

I was listening to stars air the other day and they where told to use the provincial frequency. What is that frequency?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Provincial Ambulance is 158.76 VHF with no tone (CSQ). It is a direct, simplex channel used mainly for STARS to contact ambulance or fire crews on the ground at a scene call. It is also available for ambulance services to communicate with one another. For example, BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) has Provincial in their radios and has been known to use it to contact Calgary EMS Dispatch when driving into town with a case that starts to go bad.

Just out of curiosity, what job was STARS on? I worked with them on Saturday night on a job in West Bragg Creek. It was a pretty insane wreck, minivan vs. trees, with one patient trapped in the car.

joe3560

it was saturday night around 6 pm we just left Bragg Creek when I heard the call

Jay911

Feed Provider
Yeah, that was our call. A minivan left the West Bragg road and took out an 8" tree roof-first, flattening the roof down to the seat cushions of the middle row seats. Then it tried to go thru another tree, but it was stopped there, and fell to the ground lying in the forest on the north side of the road, 30' down a 55° slope towards Bragg Creek itself (the waterway). Lone occupant was evidently unbelted and pinned lying across the front seats. We had to use the "jaws of life" to pop the door and a small army of people to carry him up the slope to the road, where we had the helicopter waiting.

Pics:

94.jpg

100.jpg

114.jpg

Towtruck hauled the van away on its rear wheels.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I don't know how the guy is. He was unconscious when we got there and woke up during the extrication with no recollection of what happened. I think my colleagues said that STARS thinks he might have a cerebral bleed. I doubt any further info will be forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.