BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Provoice upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

By purchasing a key from Uniden and entering to the radio with updated firmware you can do yourself to the 536 and 436.

No idea what you are describing re: DSD+, which is a software program used in a computer, and not a scanner, but you can do that yourself too, just not in a scanner.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

garys

Premium Subscriber
It works very well. Whether or not it is worth the money is something that you'll have to decide for yourself. For me it was.

Was the provoice upgrade worth it, and does it work well? :)

ChrisABQ

It works great, just MAKE SURE you have an ACTIVE ProVoice system to monitor. ProVoice is a technology that's on the way out, just make sure you need it before you spend $50.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Monitoring ProVoice works fine. For me the value was borderline--not so much useful for local monitoring, but occasionally useful when traveling. It all depends on how many ProVoice systems are active in your area. I got it for completeness rather than because there is a lot of ProVoice in my area.

bama9999

Was the provoice upgrade worth it, and does it work well? :)

All county and city public service agencies in the county where I live are ProVoice, and I would have gladly paid twice the price for it. I can monitor it with Unitrunker and DSD+, but that's not really an optimal solution for mobile or portable use, so it added tremendous value to my BCD536HP for me personally.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The whole reason I bought my 436 was because of the available upgrade. At the time, I lived in a county where nearly all the public safety traffic was on the city/county EDACS system. I later moved away, but got about a year's worth of use out of the upgrade and I feel it was money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.